National 12 - find out more...

N3500 for sale!

Started by Paul Turner N2487/3500 (Guest), 31 Jul 2006, 09:28

« previous - next »

Paul Turner N2487/3500 (Guest)

It is with deep regret that I have to advise that Crazy Diamond is for sale. She has been my pet project since NWNW 2005 and I have had loads of fun sailing her but I have to finally accept that my knees just cannot cope with a double bottomed boat; this has been compounded by my recent hearing/balance problems.

N3500 is an Aardvark Big Issue 2, launched 1st January 2006 - everything is carbon (hull, mast, boom, dangley, foils). For sale with top and bottom covers, and new combi trailer. New Alverbank sails. Fully "shaken down" at NWNW, race preped by Evolution, Dave Peacock tuned and ready for the Burton!

Make me a sensible offer on 07710 324 800 before I get too depressed! :'(

david w (Guest)

Paul, that is really sad news. Sorry to hear it - try not to get too depressed - China Dolls are still great fun!

Cheers

David

Jimbo41

Paul!!!!!

I'll second that..... :-/ :-/

Hope things get better for you healthwise and that you still have fun on the water - like a bull in a China (Doll) shop  ;) ;) ;) ;)

All the very best,

Jim N3130 (Nutty Shell)

angus

I am very sorry to hear that but I can vouch for the fact that china dolls are great fun, but despite that in the interest of your knees I would be prepared to swop my china doll for your Issue.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Thanks Angus, but I already have a China Doll which I will continue sailing coz my knees will let me get under the boom without too much pain, a very short walk across the boat, there is a centrboard case I can grab and two large bouyancy bags to fall onto!

Jimbo41

Paul,

there's also a large "tackle bag" near the mast for the aspirins and two "gardena clips" for the crutches....But have you got space for the oxygen bottle?  :P ;) :P ;) :P ;)

All the best,

Jim N3130

Thanks Jim - you have really cheered me up! Paul

PS The dangly pole doubles as a white stick.....

angus

oooher I hadn't thought about that my self getting on a bit inyears may be a big issue isn't the holy grail. Them orange things at the back do make a nice pillow in light winds. And ye maybe I should try painting the dangley pole white. The loon up front is getting better at pointing me in the right direction but recentactivities included a neat bit of cover tacking on a laser when I was trying to keep clear. shouting starboard on aboat still about 50 yards away and passing a mark on the wrong side, well it makes a change from hitting it. ;D ;D

Richard Pilgrim

Angus, take more water with it next time....

Jimbo41

i.e. JUST water..... :P :P :P :P :P

Jim N3130

angus

I get enough of that when I havn't slid my board as far as I think on my ToY :'( :'(

Jimbo41

Angus!

Talking about just adding a little water  ;), are you down for BW?

It would be good to get to know the person weilding the humerous quill on the same side of the bar at the Barbie.... We're there Tuesday- Wednesday and through, hopefully - if Graham and Zoe can bear it - to Thursday. We're just watching though, since it's too far to drag Nutty Shell.

Maybe C yer,

Jim N3130

angus

Na sorry I am only allowed 1 week sailing and that has to be tummel week, and I may not be very good at this sailing lark (ok I know its really a 12) but i'm even worse at the watching.
How's about you venturing up to NorthBerwick with your navy (thats navy not navie).
I must admit I do fancy a trip to Baveria or where ever it is but I reckon my best chance of getting out there is if her on dry land wins the lottery and pays me to emigrate. :P

Jimbo41

Ok. Angus, I understand.

Luckily, Higher Management is keen on sailing in light winds. Anything over 3Bft and I have to resort to another crewmember who sails a laser. She's good, but I have to filter out a lot of c--p about dropping off for the gusts and how to hold the tiller extension so it neither pokes in her eye (nor her B-m!) etc. etc. :-/ :-/

Come over anytime to the Ammersee for a visit. I'd certainly like to come up to Bonny Scotland, but the chances are it'd be without Nutty Shell, unless we did a long 5 week haul... So  long-term plans I'm afraid....

Keep in touch. email's best.

P.S. Last Saturday on the lake was brill - 4Bft gusting 5, finally got the ol' gal planing - despite our 25 stone all up.... Almost forgot to put the bows down afterwards.... ;D ;D ;D 8)

Fascinating stuff, but we are getting off the subject!

N3500 is still far sale! One enquiry so far about "reasonable offer" - please email me if you are interested and for full spec.

n12 Bottom Banner