Where is Oulton Mere?

Started by barry3364, 03 Oct 2006, 09:15

« previous - next »

barry3364

Excuse my ignorance.

Barry
N3364

icecreamman

I think you may have got the spelling wrong. Olton Mere is in Birmingham, or more correctly Solihull. Google Olton Mere and you can get to their website

:D

barry3364

Thanks.

It's wrong on the 12 web site - and was last year but there was a link there then.

Not too far from me but I think I might be at Hickling that weekend - otherwise looks good.

Barry
N3364 (not being used enough at the moment)

Richard Pilgrim

Olton Mere is a super little club - I did a few open meetings there some years ago and they were always very friendly people and ran the show very efficiently. The pond isn't the biggest on the circuit, but the conditions are varied because there are a lot of trees! I have the dubious honour of capsizing there in NO WIND! Only a dingbat like me could achieve that.

Richard
N3445 Purple Turtle (which is for sale, by the way).

icecreamman

It is also Roger Angell's home club I believe if anyone is still trying to get hold of him, or find out more about his fantastic plastic masts. Sorry read carbon for that.

Timbo N3258

www.oltonmere.org.uk

We have an open this weekend coming 14th @ 11.00, all visitors welcome.  5 short races with as Richard says some very shifty winds.

Easy access from the M42 and Roger is our Chairman and still sails his Laser and various Moths he has designed ( winning most times I might add).

If anybody needs more info please contact me.

Tim Sunderland
Sailing Secretary

n12 Bottom Banner