National 12 - find out more...

Advice on mast needed

Started by STU W, 09 Nov 2014, 02:13

« previous - next »

STU W

Hi guys, just bought a lovely angell carbon mast, thanks to Chris Troth!, but it's from a double bottomed boat and 3246 is not double bottomed. This means that the mast is around 6" too short or for the youngsters out there 100-150cm and I need advice to the best way forwards. Is it to get a plug made up like the existing mast foot or would I be better getting somebody to splice a small section of carbon on to the existing mast.
either way any suggestions as to how to do this, ie people who could provide a suitable blank for the mast step or anybody Essex way who could add a section onto the mast. 
Thanks
Stuart
12's are for life not just for christmas.

simon hipkin (Guest)

Hi Stuart

I can sort something out for you if you like. Drop by the workshop when you are next passing and we can discuss it. Got plenty of bits of carbon tube. Simon

STU W

Are you around tomorrow

simon hipkin (Guest)

Am back and forward to Brightlingsea next week working on the National 18 plug, but will be at Thorpe in the morning until about 10 if that's not too early. Otherwise I can be there most evenings about 5.30 on way back through. Give me a call 07415 280213

STU W

Try and pop in early tomorrow, otherwise will give you a call

n12 Bottom Banner