National 12 - find out more...

N2823 Moon Shallow

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 17 Jul 2007, 01:03

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2823 Moon Shallow.   Design: Paper Dart, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1972
Original boat name: Moon Shadow.

GoingDown

Olton Mere SC. Bought Easter 2008 "for the children".

Moon Shallow

Have sailed her a few times since my dad bought her on Good Friday, with supprising bursts of speed for an old knacker!! Everyone was surprised how well i sailed her on a couple ocasions...not knowing how i did it. Well neither do i to be honest!! But sadly she is off the water at the momment as i capsized her and she sank. But just to clarify that was not my fault!! The bouancy tanks were sealed up by a previous owner and had already had water in...not tht i knew this at the time, we just thought she was heavy! water found its way in through holes.
So on capsize the tanks commpletely filled up with water along with the rest of the boat! Not pleasant with seeming both of us the boat at the time were 12 and 16 year old girls!!! Well i managed to sail it back to shore and about 10 people were required to pull it on to shore full of water. Where someone managed to prise open the bouancy tanks and out came alot of smelly water.
So currently the boat is having a revamp...so it will be fully water tight, new cleats for the kicker and have a new look outhaul so no screws from the boom attacking the crew-disadvantage of that is that the crew wont move as quick anymore:-/. ohh and best of all a new trolley so no more cast iron which equals no more runaway boat down the ramp!!
Hope to add some pictures soon of the new and improved moon shallow

n12 Bottom Banner