National 12 - find out more...

Ratchet

Started by THG, 03 Jul 2007, 04:37

« previous - next »

THG

Congrats to all those involved in putting the latets Ratchet together - probably the best one (i've read).  ;D

Kean
THG

Grebesailor

Hear, Hear

Giles
N3319

Jimbo41

THG

Jim, if this gets out to the rets of the Engaland techers at skool I will be in big trble - pleese don't make me look stoopid in front of klass.

Kean
THG

Jimbo41

lydexia sules Ro.k.!

Mij

Grebesailor

I believe you mean,

"dyslexics of the world, untie"

Giles
N3319

janeysailor12

Heard the one about the dyslexic devil worshipper?????????

.......Sold his soul to Santa!

Janey  ;D

Jimbo42

Sophie (Guest)

surely what is boring and what is not is subjective... I also think the comment you mention was not meant as a 'complaint', merely a response for feedback and is very valid.

The forum is potentially an excellent way of sharing good practice - for those new to the fleet wanting to learn more and for those that have been in it a while to keep up to speed with new developments.

The degeneration of this thread from a discusion of ratchet is a shame as, having agreed to become the new Editor, I would have welcomed some more feedback relavant to the subject.

Sophie

Jimbo41

Sophie,

ironically, it's precisely part of the Ratchet that I was discussing - incidentally a very interesting last Ratchet in its current format if I might add too. It's not easy playing Advocatus Diabolis at the best of times and my input was clearly merely to indicate that a forum is precisely what it is - a place where things can be discussed in a demoncratic manner  :).

By the way, references to the editor by yours truely were not meant to be a slight.

I've always enjoyed reading Ratchet and am looking forward to reading it in new format. Good luck! :D

Jim.

THG

Sophie,  I totaly agree with Jims last posting -  I really thought the Ratchet was one of the best and yes occaisionally we all get mords wuddled up and spell check doesn't always pick up grammatical errors (see my other posting).  Personally I would like to see Ratchet continue esp. if we can keep the content up and not just have it for 'match reports' (I know its up to users to send in articles etc).  The Rachet news letter format can be viewed by other non 12 sailors, family members etc

As for the discussion board one thing we could consider is to split up the board into topic areas (as many other boards do). However as long as we have an open mind on things and yes on occaisions many of us take threads off track and hopefully engage in some friendly banter (its what us Brits are good at) I'd say the forum works pretty well - at least its very active which must be a good thing for a Class forum!!  There are good points raised here and as long as they are picked up as concerns by the committee and responded to or acted on I can't see why the role of the forum as such needs to change.  If you disagree, post as a user so we can hear your concerns.

Kean

THG

James Taylor

Jane Wade

janeysailor12

janeysailor12

....boing...Oh yes and I did enjoy the Ratchet....when I managed to wrestle it out of Mike's hands.  I'd like to say I have some useful ide's for it but it's pretty good as it stands.  Keep up the good work.

Janey

n12 Bottom Banner