where is everyone staying at nwnw?

Started by sam293, 20 Feb 2009, 02:22

« previous - next »

sam293

were trying to decide between burnham market and brancaster,

cheers
sam

Antony (Guest)

This post keeps recurring, and Jennie and Bernard paitently and correctly answer each one!  That said i can understand why people that have not been before are confused.  Basically, most people that go try to stay in Brancaster Staithe or close to that village.  This is basically the middle of the regatta, although sadly also the only club that no longer hosts a day, and also benfits from a couple of decent pubs.
Notes:
There is another village called Brancaster, where the beach is but not an easy walk to the two pubs that you will find the B Staithe 12 crowd in.
Other places,  such as Overy Staithe, are just as central and beautiful and have their fans.
Brancaster Staithe will be full of children you recognise that are aged 1-7 years of age, this can be a vaild pro or con.
Antony
N3514, staying in Brancaster Staithe where we have booked two cotages with 4 sailors (2 boats), 5 small children, four grandparents and a couple of dogs.

Jane Wade

We are also staying in Brancaster Staithe with four adults, four children and one dog in the same house.  The grand parents are for some reason camping in Burnham Deepdale which is also pretty close.
It is going to be brilliant - we could see 20+ children under 7 so praying for good weather.
Jane

Roly Mo

We (Clarks x 3, SB Miatts x 4, Border Terrorists x 2) will spend time on Lizzie's front lawn (aka the C&CC campsite at Sandringham, which we can definitely recommend) and then move nearer the centre of the action (Clarks to a campsite at Burnham something or other) and Miatts yet to decide but either there or Wells.  We will be in our des res home from homes . . . which sadly don't fit the requirements at Burnham Deepdale which doesn't accept caravans or the daisy bus.  Norfolk Week without a washing machine or tumble drier is going to be interesting and I've already said the wetsuit is NOT being hung up inside the van!
I hope that we can muster some sort of gathering for the kids during the week - as Jane and Antony point out there are going to be an awful lot of miniature 12 sailors there that week.  I think an early evening of gentle crabbing at Overy Staithe might be just the ticket!  We could follow it with some ale at The Hero.

J

Jane Wade

We are definitely up for a the crabbing!  Oh and the ale!

icecreamman

I know this was something that was mooted last year for Hunstanton and never got off the ground and would be of interest to small kids and no doubt competitive Dads, but how about the largest sandcastle that could be built. Perhaps we could even go for a World Series with all the small kids taking on allcomers at a game of rounders...... oh and then there is the beer wherever we sail.

Roly Mo

icecreamman

n12 Bottom Banner