National 12 - find out more...

N1713 Any information

Started by tradboat, 20 May 2006, 09:39

« previous - next »

tradboat

I have N1713 in restoration - its a bit of a job but coming along nicely.  The boat was first registered at Desborough in March '59 and named Fugitive.  Concensus so far is that the boat is a Pr 8 built from a kit - possibly Wyche and Coppock.  I would greatly appreciate any more information.  There are pictures on my web site at www.tradboat.co.uk .  It might be ready for the Frensham Vintage and Classic Regatta on the 15th of July but that maybe depends on how fast my grandson can sandpaper!  

Very many thanks

Charles Smith
PS If anyone has spare sails suitable for a boat this age - the orginals are Tery but hopeless - I would apprecioate it

Cheers
Charles Smith

Jimbo41

Charles!

No further info but you have a really interesting website. Keep up the good work on N1713!

Jim N3130

Mike S (Guest)

I'll ask at Desborough. Some of the "old hands" may even remember it.

Mike
N3274

brian kitching

Hello,
I restored 1657 a Jack Holt Chimp and I now sail in Vintage series, it a minority section of the whole fleet, but when we meet (4-7 boats) we usually have a good race. The vintage section are friendly and racing is more towards "gentlemens sailing".
When you get your boat sorted or feel you would like to meet us, why not come to one of our meetings, I would suggest Earlswood Lakes.
Give me a ring.
Best regards
Brian Kitching N1657 and 3439 (I sail the modern circuit as well) number in handbook

n12 Bottom Banner