National 12 - find out more...

Vintage Twelves at Ripon

Started by Chadders, 05 May 2009, 04:11

« previous - next »

Chadders

Hi all who is coming out to play then?  First event of the series at Ripon on Saturday 16th May and the first race is at 1200 hrs!  So fer we have entries from Frampton, Trent Valley, Redesmere, Ripon and Yeadon.  (The Yorkshire Ouse Fleet are keeping us guessing)  The galley will be open and we have at least one spare crew so how about coming to join us.  It is also a "Derwent Handicap Event" and you need at least one of these to qualify for the series!  A great way to tune up for Burton so come on chaps, see you on the water.  Howard C  aka Chadders

Crusader 3244

hi chadders, would that be alan? :)
Chris, 3244

JonathanReubin

Sorry, I really can't make Rippon but do have a good series everyone.  I am wondering however, what the tidal range and flows are like on the mere as a means for practicing for the forthcoming sea event.  Last time I looked at Thorpe bay the water disappeared.  I didn't think that happened at Rippon unless there is a plughole somewhere and the Yorkshire rain is heavy enough to fill it again in 6 or so hours.

Chadders

Some clarification-
1 Chris, I was thinking of Brian Herring but perhaps he is Winsford Flash or something?  Anyway he lives in the Stockbroker belt of Cheshire and it would be great to see Alan if he can make it as well.
2  No Jonathan I dont think that Ripon has a plug in the bottom and on Wednesday evening I probed the bottom twice with the top of Triarda's mast but found nothing to substantiate your theory although the Yorkshire rain would re-fill the lake even our rain cannot compete with your tides!
3  At least one member of Yorkshire Ouse has confirmed that they are joining us (thank you Ian and Margaret) but others remain quiet possibly concerned by the curently declared competion?

PJD

Crew permitting, Little Meg intends to come.
Philip, N2545

Crusader 3244

Chadders u r right about Brian. I 'm not sure which he regrds as his 'home' club.
Chris, 3244

Chadders

I make that 8 boats at least, looking good for some tight racing methinks!
Howard C

Tim Gatti

I'll be there with 'Purely Platonic' looking as good as new.  Shame I can't say the same about myself! Tim

n12 Bottom Banner