National 12 - find out more...

Trent Valley Vintage & 4PLank Open 23 Sept

Started by Paul Turner N2487/3500 (Guest), 05 Sep 2006, 09:32

« previous - next »

Paul Turner N2487/3500 (Guest)

Dust off those vintage yots and four plankers in your garage, loft or under the fruit trees at the bottom of the garden and come on down (or up!) to the...............

TRENT VALLEY VINTAGE & FOUR PLANK OPEN MEETING ON SATURDAY 23rd SEPTEMBER

There will be three races, first at 11.00am and (free) overnight accomodation is available at the club (and plenty of room for camping) for long distance travellers. Plus the usual world famous TVSC catering!

Three weeks to go and we already have 6 (SIX) entries!

Book now by ringing Paul Turner 07710 324800 or Ken Goddard 01332 521168

We have another entrant for the Open Meeting - Brian Kitching.

We now have (probably) 11 racers - anyone else out there who would like to join is and make it a round dozen? We can manage 15 on the start line before we have to think about arranging heats!!!

Jimbo41

Paul,

Interest is purely academic, but what about 26 1/2 year old Tigresses and the like? Are we only single plankers and therefore don't qualify?

Some pond meeting somewhere classified everything over 26 years old to be vintage, class independent naturally.

Jim N3130 (No quarter to plastic fantastics - none expected either!)

THG

The CVDRA is an organisation supporting older boats - see their site http://www.cvrda.org/.  They have some rules but basically any boat designed before 1964 and more than 25 years old qualifies - thus any 12 before about 3140 current qualifies.  Next year some of the Baggy Ts and Crusaders will qualify as they started off in 1981.   The CVDRA gives boats almost indivdual handicaps based on how modernised the boat is (one of the organisers lives in my village).

I think there is abit of a gap for the ACs support - yes we have the AC Gill prize (and at many open events) but maybe we need some specific AC only??  Many of the DB owners often have an older AC tucked away somewhere too..

Kean

THG

icecreamman

Hey Paul with lots of narrow 12s for the vintage meeting at Trent Vallley I would have thought that you may be able to stretch a point and go for for boats on the start line than 15

Rosie (Guest)

I will be coming as well, hopefully will make the first start but depends on how long it takes to fill the car as moving into uni house after the event.

Rosie

Thank you to everyone who turned up and joined in last Saturday - we had 13 (THIRTEEN) boats sailing including 7 vintage and 6 four plankers - a gentle breeze, lots of sunshine, a huge TVSC lunch and no problems!

Full report soon with photos but (for those who can't wait) first overall was John Cheetham and second was Rosie White. Third place was Brian Herring (first vintage) followed by Nick Gill 4th (second vintage).

Requests are already coming in for a repeat next year! :D

THG

What about making a few events like this non-DB (i.e. single bottom only) - a few of the Open events on suitable waters (rivers / puddles) may encourgae more of the older 12s out.

TVSC needs our support.

Kean
THG

n12 Bottom Banner