National 12 - find out more...

N1284 Shere Khan

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 26 Mar 2007, 11:01

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1284 Shere Khan. Design: , designed by: Jack Holt

scotyot

Currently in storage and un-sailable having been passed on through various owners who baulked at the work needed to get her on the water. She has made her way from the west of Scotland to Central Scotland and is currently 3rd in line of Twelves awaitng re-furb and repair.Came with wood spars and fairly original sails. No date yet projected for getting her bottom wet!

Richard

N1284 was advertised for sale 09.11.07........

scotyot

Sold through eBay and is off down south to East Grinstead where a 'big boat' sailor is planning her refurbishment. Watch this space...................

nigelf

N1284 was originally supplied as a bare hull by Jack Holt to Bill Morgan, a member of the Cowal Holy Loch S.C. She was one of the first batch of glued clinker N12s to come to Scotland in the mid-l950s and arrived at the club around the same time as N1308. Sorry to say, her performance did not match her looks (such a beautiful clean interior after the ribs and nails of the boats until then) made even more disappointing by N1308's sparkling performance on the water. Bill Morgan was sorely disappointed with his purchase and purchased my Jack Holt built N1149 (ribs and nails) when I sold her after leaving the Clyde area. In those days it was said that some of Jack Holt's boats just did not go well in choppy water, even if from the same jig. Best wishes to whoever might yet restore her. From my recollections, she might be best suited to rivers and inland water.

n12 Bottom Banner