National 12 - find out more...

renovation of national 12 no 2743

Started by bensaunders (Guest), 30 Jul 2005, 07:57

« previous - next »

bensaunders (Guest)

i am 16 and am renovating an old Paper Dart national 12 with some scouts. sail number 2743. having never sailed one before i have very few clues as to how all of the fittings go together. if anyone has any rope diagrams that they could send to me that would be brilliant. also the boat has no sails with it and being a bit low on cash i am looking for any old sails that people no longer have any use for and would wish to donate/sell cheaply. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

MikeDay

It's always good to hear about old 12s being rescued.  There are so many configurations for putting 12s together that it's hard to provide a diagram as such. Paper Darts are fitted out fairly simply - concentrate on the kicker, getting some rig tension and control via the shrouds, and a loose foot that works, and you should be ok.  Also make sure the hull and foils are as smooth and fair as you can get them.  Whereabouts is the boat?  It might be easier to put you in touch with a local 12 and you could then go and have a look at one.  Also, there'll be someone with some spare old sails if you keep asking via this site.  Good luck!

Mike D
N3496

Paul Turner N2487/3353 (Guest)

If you are in the Nottingham/Derby area I'm sure "teamtrentvalley" could help you out with string, and bits, and old sails! Give us a call if you are Esat Midlands. 07710 324800

n12 Bottom Banner