National 12 - find out more...

Fixtures 2011

Started by Jane Wade, 20 Dec 2010, 02:19

« previous - next »

Jane Wade

Hi

The 2011 fixtures list in now ready and has been posted onto the main website - http://www.national12.org/events/2011/events.shtml .  I would like to say it is 100% perfect but I do know that dates change and some of the clubs were not able to commit to a date at time of printing so please do keep an eye on the website / mailings for updates throughout the year.

Jane

thedodger

I know you all go to a lot of effort to sort out Gill fixtures, but it grates a bit when you have a Gill event at Hamble (well known for a large 12 fleet) and ignore Spinnaker (actually has a large 12 fleet). Just what is it that makes the 12's stay away when Spinnaker is a favoured venue for other fleets?
If you say lack of breeze, I say we have had plenty of the aformentioned for the past three 12 events, ask Mr Camm.
Simon & Rosie

MikeDay

Two things:
1. The date for Henley in the fixture list is incorrect (my fault) - it should be Sunday 18th September.
2. I must say that I have some sympathy with Simon's point about Spinnaker - a lovely meeting, though it might be testing to put 25 Twelves on that stretch of water.  Also, Simon, we've been sailing the Twelve meeting at Spinnaker alongside the club racing in the last couple of years and there's the issue of fitting a Gill meeting in every month.  But we should talk during the coming season about whether this might be feasible for 2012.

Mike D
N3533

angus

Another change to the fixture list, I would like to blame Mike for this as well but think I should hold my hand up. The solway fixture is actually going to be 17th 18th of September. I was a wee bit further out than Mike! This should be a unique event combining both river and sea sailing in the same weeekend so denfinately one worth travelling up from the South for.8)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Roly Mo

The calendar has now gone to the printer!
Mrs RM

Jane Wade

Many thanks Jennie!

... (Guest)

Well I hope the print quality is better than last year!

Most of the ink had come off the card within a day.

Bob1

The Gill Series is designed to encourage people to go to events they wouldn't normally go to but also to have the widest range of locations, types of sailing and be spread out across the year.  I have tried to do that this year as much as is possible.  Hamble was chosen not just because of where it is, but when it is and the fact that it has not been a Gill series in the recent past.  It is my intention to do the same each year, i.e. spread them throughout the country, the calender and aim not to use the same locations 2 years running.

Clare
From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

Roly Mo

Perhaps the 'Guest User' would like to take over the printing?

angus

Well the ink still seems well stuck to mine although I did find the 'light mauve' a bit hard on the eyes but I know that wasn't your fault Jenny.
I think the Gill program looks really good again this year and I might actually manage to qualify two years on the trot and I think those involved have produced another really good fixture list despite my best attempts to derail it. My congratulations to everybody involved.
I would suggest to anybody who has any grumbles should start now in thinking how they can change things for next year and approach there area rep with well fromed ideas in plenty of time to get things organised for next year. I am always looking for suggestions for the Scottish series.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Ian Stables

Without wishing to provoke heated debate here, I would just like to repeat previous comments (amitedly from some time ago) that we at Spinnaker would be delighted to host a future Gill event.

Spinnaker has a strong 12 fleet and would make a great venue. There are many good reasons for holding our open alongside club racing for the past couple of years and with a typical turnout of less than twenty boats this works well, however the Open in June and a prospective Gill event do not need to be one and the same! In 2010 we hosted the Firefly Inland Champs with 50 boats on the water and there is no reason why we could not do the same for the 12's.

Look forward to discussing the 2012 programme!
Ian<br />N3520 (Ex N3404)

Chadders

Ian your point is well made and I am sure that your venue will be fully considered next year.  I would just like to record a big thank you to Jane for her patience and the massive ammount of work that goes into getting all the dates together, to Clare for all her work on the Gill Series, to the area reps who have battled to get dates out of the clubs and finally to Jennie for helping to sort the printing despite being in bed with Flu!  My fixture list from last year still has all its ink so I think our guest user must have been very unlucky, apologies non the less for this.  Thank you all for getting the fixtures together under some difficult circumstances. 

n12 Bottom Banner