National 12 - find out more...

National 12 3150 or 3130

Started by Jimbo41, 13 Jul 2005, 01:12

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Hi folks! I'm interested in buying an N12 with regestration number 3150 or 3130 (I think) from Photo. It's advertised as a Tigress, and is a mid eighties boat, so that might help someone identify her if the number doesn't tally. (Apologies to anyone who owns either of these numbers, 'cos the photo's not easy to interpret). Anyone know about the boat's history? I've heard that the Tigress is a good all-rounder. Is this the case? :) Any advice greatfully received.

I've been living in Munich for the past 15 years and now I'm going to import one of these beauties and show the Bavarians how to really do it on the lakes! :)
P.S. Down in Salcombe in time for August Regatta, but just want to get used to her, so don't expect me to participate! Hope to see some of you there.

DavidW

3130 is a Tigress built by Bob Hoare ,3150 a Viper 2 -so probably 3130. Tigress is a very good all round design and are still competitive in lioght winds and inland waters. Lovely boat to sail and still quick at Salcombe. Have raced against 3130 plenty of times over the years - she's a good boat. It will be interesting to hear what the germans have to say about a National Twelve - if they've any sense they'll be looking up the rules and start building!

Good luck and see you in Salcombe (Yacht Club regatta - not Town Regatta)

David Wilkins
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

Jimbo41

David! Thanks for the info. Sounds like 3130 is a perfect match for the Bavarian lakes, where wind only very occasionally touches 5-6.

I'll be over mid August to stay with family in kingsbridge. Plenty of sailing to be had in the Bag and Widegates before braving it over the Bar!
Hopefully the boat's in good nick....

See you on the water..... :)

Jim Bretherick.

mikeraine

Hi there. I owned N3130 for about 15 years, up to about 3 years ago. she is a good boat. I was sorry to part with her but now have a crusader 88. She was professionally re-decked in 1998 and had an extensive re-fit. She was pretty quick when I had her, doing well in many open meetings. I still have quite a few tuning details if you need any help. Its good to hear she will be getting sailed again. Please get in touch and let me know how you get on. Mike. email: mikesailor12@hotmail.com

Jimbo41

n12 Bottom Banner