National 12 - find out more...

Winter Series At Burghfield SC

Started by Jeremy C, 22 Aug 2007, 12:23

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

I am planning to offer a winter series of some sort at Burghfield (Reading,berks) this year to keep everyone in tune over the colder months! There was a small amount of discussion about this at Burton week but no firm decisions were made so I would like some feedback as to what people might want and who might be interested in participating.The proposal is to run a series of races through the winter (am&pm) on sundays and possibly having a separate start from club racing depending on turnout. The was some talk about the possible number of evnts in the series, but I was thinking along the line of having it on altenate weekends starting either in late november or early december and running through to march sometime with dicards (how many?- open to suggestions!). I would welcome any comments and and contact from 12's that would be interested in taking part.......
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Antony

Jeremy,
I think that it is a great idea given that it is a great club and well situated for a lot of people with 12s.  Personally it is a bit too far away to do a series, but please make sure that there is a daily entry fee and that people can come for just the odd one or two of the selected days.

We might even have our new boat by then.......

Antony

MattStiles

It's a great idea, count us in!

Matt

THG

Sounds like a good idea - may be able to do a few of them.

Also South Cerney offers an excellent Winter series - End Oct thu' December - Open to non Club members.  PLus a Chilli Dog series (personal handicap) Jan through March.  Will get some details so anyone in the area or wanting to travel down let  me know.  Both series are 2 races on Sunday and generally quick back to back turnaround.  Plus the older 12s can saill off the adjusted PYs.

THG aka Kean
THG

steve norbury

We're keen!

I am committed to a big boat campaign but this series should fit between winter and spring racing on The Solent. Perfect!

grazz

We'll be there: will need a break from the DIY on the new house by then! ;D

Bob1

Count me in - there shouldn't be too much left in the garden to do by then!

Clare
From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

John Meadowcroft

Katy and I are very keen to compete.  Childcare etc will prevent us coming every weekend.  I think it would work best to not run every weekend, or to run a 'super series' within the series that everyone targets attending so that we can ensure that on a number of occasions we can get more boats on the water than normal.

John

THG

John - a good suggestion and could try to support that too.

Would Burghfield offer a winter membership or the possibility to leave the boats there in the boat park?  Would save the hassle of packing up so many times.

THG
THG

SamM

Jeremy C

good to see that there is a fair bit of interest in a winter series at Burghfeld. having chatted to a few people and seen what has been posted in the discussion I was thinking of a series of 12 races (two per day am&pm) over six weekends(every other weekend over a period from late nov and ecluding Xmas.) I have no costs yet, but we have a Sailing committee meeting this thursday evening so should be able to come back with more dteail after that. possible two options to consider- pay winter membership and race as often as you like including all the club events or a reduced figure to just do the 12 events. Boat parking will hopefully be possible but again will confirm this after thursday.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

tom lee

Tom<br />N3545

SamM

My prefernce is for another one at the end rather than Christmas as I'll be back then and it will mean that we can actually qualify...

n12 Bottom Banner