National 12 - find out more...

Inlands and Gill Finale

Started by Tom and Charlotte Stewart (Guest), 28 Sep 2008, 09:05

« previous - next »

OMSC

can I say a massive thankyou from all of the OMSC team and supporters that turned up to the inlands. the event was well organised, the races well run and the organisers tolerant to a bunch of 4 plankers that turned up tested the quality of the water. can we have it a little warmer next year for when we fall in?
the welcome we got says a lot about this class. everyone was more than happy to give us advice, tips and support.
all of us spent the journey back planning next year's campagn, how we can improve our boats, sailing and technique to catch up with the fleet.
With the exception of myself, the oldest in our flotilla is 18, and all are looking to learn so, give it a few years, and I hope we can be pushing for the top trophies, and the next generation of 12 sailors.
a special thanks to jon brown who put up with naomi for 5 races, and probably needs ear muffs now.
the pink team will be on tour next year, a baggy and street legal have been secured, and with a little negociation we might get that soap dish in the boat park out too. all of us say a big thanks and see you on tour next year!!

Antony Gifford (Guest)

As John says, that was an excellent weekend with everything apart from the late Saturday weather basically perfect and a testement to the organisation and the PRO.
OMSC, it is good to hear that you all went home with chins up.  Saturday was about as hard as sailing a 12 gets, with both shifts and powerful gusts, and i like to think that most of us near the front of the fleet were able to show you how hard it was by flipping our boats over near you (our score was 2).  I was worried that there might be a bit of chilled despondancy at OMSC.  My only gripe was that the much publicised youth of your squad had gone home for a snooze before the disco kicked off!
See you all in the New Year, or at RHYC on Boxing Day for those that Christmas in Suffolk.
Antony

Chris Troth

I would like to second what Kevin (OMSC) has said. I was planning to stay for the disco, but after my main was trashed by the safety boat I had to go home to fetch the old set. Will be attempting more of the gill series next year, probably in 3077 - more suited to heavier breezes I think.
Chris

Crusader 3244

Hi Kevin, so pleased to read of the enthusiasm and resurgence of 12s at OMSC and that Northampton was a blast. 'Why can't you?!' would have liked to be there. I so nearly jumped in the car on Saturday if only to spectate and party! On the other hand, I did enjoy my 'duvet day' on Sunday!
Will Olton Mere feature on the events calendar in 2009?  We enjoyed our 'maiden' open there in 2008.
Chris, 3244

Chris Troth

Hi Chris, I've just become 12 fleet captain at olton. There will be an open at olton this year - not too sure of the date yet. Would be great to see lots of the boats we met this last weekend there to add to 8 home boats I expect to be taking part.
Chris

paul turner

Chris - Olton is currently listed for Saturday 5th September 2009 as part of the new look Midlands Area but this clashes with Derwent Vintage. We really do want to avoid this as there could be several with divided loyalties! Please let me have your email address so that we can copy you into the diary discussions. I have been emailing Ian Hurst. Would you consider Saturday 12th September - this avoids both Derwent and TVSC vintage which is now on the Sunday (13th)?
Paul - Midland Area rep
email: aul@alverbanksails.co.uk">paul@alverbanksails.co.uk

Moon Shallow

Wow what a great weekend!! Really enjoyed myself and so did the rest of the Pink Team. Hope to get Matt French out on the water soon as Pink Team Coach!!! Thankyou to everybody who took apart in organizing the event. And a special big THANKYOU goes out to Jon Brown who but up with me for the weekend... and for once i didnt deafen my helm!!! I am now a big converted 12 sailor looking forward for more events... hopefully sea or more wind as anything compared to saturday will seem boring now sadly. Hope to see lots of 12's at olton mere next year! And if you are even lucky i might brave my own 12 onto the water for that event... but sadly its not pink??)
thanks naomi bilton

Jeremy C

We would like to re-iterate what a fantastic weekend it was, absolutely superb sailing in largely challenging conditions and with a fast turn round between the races from the race officer meaning that we didn't freeze to death!

thanks to all who organised and sponsored the event!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Matt Stiles (Guest)

Did anyone find an extra pair of Gill gloves when they got home?  Mine vanished!  Size XL I think.

Thanks,
Matt

n12 Bottom Banner