National 12 - find out more...

Family friend needs a home

Started by IanL, 24 Oct 2008, 08:10

« previous - next »

IanL

We have had a Street Legal in the family for a bit over a decade. It has been sailed and enjoyed by all. However, we now have a newer 12, and over the last year I have not been on top of things, so the Street Legal has not been as loved as it should be. It has been sailed this season, so is functional, and needs a good home. Earlier I started a thread about re-decking, which it will need - but the hull is sound. Comes with launching trolley and a no-guarantees road trailer. If someone has time, but not much money, and it is a good home, we'd pass it on for nothing, probably holding onto the suit of sails that we bought to go with it. So you'd have to find a main - the old one delaminated...the jib and all the rest of the kit go with the boat - tatty cover included.
As this is not a boat for sale, this seems to be a good place to put it. If all else fails it is off to flea-bay, I guess.

Boat lying West Midlands. Negotiations are open.:-/

grazz

Hi Ian, it might be best to put it on the for sale list as well with "free to good home" 

Happy sailing

Graham

Chris Troth

Im giving Dissipation its new home. Hopefully collecting her very soon
Chris

IanL

Off to a good home for the youth of Olton Mere today  ( their reps were quick off the mark in replying to the original post - so kind advice not followed thanks, Grazz)
We're down to one 12 now, and hope to sail it a bit more next year. The last year (plus) has been a bit of  wipe out, which goes part way to explaining why this elderly lady is need of some tlc and a new home. That and not enough garage space to over-winter the fleet (Current 12 has displaced the moth hull above the car in the garage...

n12 Bottom Banner