National 12 - find out more...

Could your club revitalise an older boat?

Started by OMSC, 14 Nov 2008, 08:10

« previous - next »

OMSC

Dissipation has just been donated to OMSC, and last weekend in a force 5, we were taking pleasure cruises for anyone who wanted to have a go. this included kids and maniacs.

It took less than £50 on the insurance, and a few donations of bits, along with a little time to go pick the hull up to get this going.
could this be a way of both revitalising the class, and ensuring any boats that are standing idle in boat parks are used, and encourage people into the fleet?

for small puddles and river sailing, the old 12s are superb. it does not matter how old or decrepid they are, you get a 12 year old out in one, they love it. beats a cadet or an enterprise any day.

I put this appeal out to the class. are there any boats languishing in your boat parks, can you spare a couple of afternoons? could you get that boat out and show what they can do. what they feel like and just how much fun they are. it will save the boats that are abandoned, and will gve a new blood into the class.

If we are proactive about it, it will encourage an AC class, and, most importantly, get people out in the boats, then we can breed the next generation of sailors who will win the bloody mary, the endeavour trophy and most importantly, come off the water with a smile on their face.

johnk

My son and I bought N2607 earlier this year with the main aim of encouraging grandchildren to sail. Two of grandchildren's friends are now keen on sailing as well. OMSC has a great idea. Let us support it.

n12 Bottom Banner