National 12 - find out more...

THE LONG AWAITED NATIONAL 12 YOUNG PEOPLES SERIES

Started by sam293, 02 Dec 2008, 12:28

« previous - next »

Crusader 3244

Wow Foxi, you're not short on options  If you were inclined to put a team together for the Wilson !  ...Options of possible backing from OMSC, BUSC and 12s?

On the other hand May is a bad time in the acedemic year.
OMSC would be a terrific location for a training event.
Chris, 3244

Chris Troth

Ye May isnt great. I'm a medical student and the 4 weeks of exams don't look nice! I'll certainly look into it tho.
Chris

James A

I have sailed at the Wilson and teams don't strictly speaking need to be affiliated with a club. There are Firefly class association teams as well as the best BUSA helms in a team. If the twelves were thinking of hosting a team racing event it might be sensible to host it at the most prestigous team racing club int the country where there is also a substantial 12 fleet and that is Spinnaker. Half the club are team racers or umpires and Phil and Simon are doing wonders with the 12 fleet. Why not try a a saturday of random pairs team racing,  so there's no effort in getting a team of three together and then have the open on the sunday, this is how the firefly's do it at spinnaker.

Crusader 3244

Chris, 3244

sollenelle

Sounds like a good idea. If any young people want to sail in the series but don't have a boat, I am more than happy to lend mine (3445), as I only usually sail on a Thursday. The only catch is that you would have to be able to collect it and deliver it back to Nottingham. Just reply to this blog.

sam293

hi, that is a fantasticly kinda offer, i would really appreciate it if i could take you up on that offer for at least some of them i will send you an email,
thanks again
sam

Chris Troth

Hi. I'd like to point out a discrepency and get it cleared up. I'm planning my travelling with 3412 and the events page says it's 4 youth events to count, and the beginning of this thread says 3....
Chris

sam293

yeah it is three, the details and events i posted are correct, the details in the calender are incorrect, if anyone interested could please send me an email on sam.childs@btinternet.com i will be sending out full info within the next week or two, and also keep an eye of the facebook i will be putting events on there
im very sorry for the problems with the calender

Roly Mo

The calendar is only as good as the information supplied for it . . . .

RM

n12 Bottom Banner