National 12 - find out more...

Tiger Trophy

Started by andyp, 14 Mar 2009, 05:10

« previous - next »

andyp

Has anyone entered the Tiger Trophy at Rutland before?
It takes place on the 7th & 8th of February this year and am thinking of entering but wondered if anyone had any feedback from previous years
(have decided the only way to get better is by competing in as many big events as possible)

Jane Wade

Not a popular event with the 12s.  It tends to be quite a youth based event with lots of 420s, 29ers etc.  Why not come down to Northampton Sailing Club on the 24th January for the Steve Nicholson Race - should be a few 12s to compete against there.
Jane

Chris Troth

I'd be very interested in taking 3412 to Northampton. Don't suppose you have any details / info about the day?
Thanks
Chris

GregPitt

I have been going to the tiger for years and it is on of my favourate events of the winter! It is quite youth based but there is a huge veriety of boats going. Why shouldn't more 12's go?? great handicap boat, as proven at the weekend! good social well organised racing. We will be there trying to fly the flag for the 12's. Even though it will be our first official event in a 12!! could be interesting!! wish us luck! we are going to need it.

Greg
N3473 

andyp

Thanks Jane,
Would love to attend the Steve Nicholson but am away that weekend (I think a number of our club members are attending though ) , so I think I'll give the Tiger a try despite the lack of youth in the back of the boat
Wouldn't it be good if some of the quicker 12's attended to show the large youth contingent that ther is an alternative to a RS200 or a 420

GregPitt

There are a few of the youth squad boats there but in my eyes it is seen as a good event for everyone to come together in all types of boats and have good racing, regardless if it is seen to be popular in our class. the other year there was everything from a foiling moth to a Themes A Rater and everything in between. It does atract a lot of the best sailors in the country so it must be a good thing to go race against them. there are not many chances in the year to race against that many different people, surley we should make an effort with these events. You never know maybe a 12 could do as well at this event as the Bloody Mary!!
Come along, anyone... everyone!!!

Greg
N3473

Jane Wade

Hi
Having said it is not popular with 12s we are now going! Dave is taking Tom's boat and wife for a sail on Saturday and me on Sunday.
See you there.
Jane

GregPitt

Now I am feeling really bad about myself!!!!

We have made the sad choice not to go this weekend as we have just got home from holiday a day late due to cancelled flights!! and with the weather the way it is I think the drive from Glasgow could take a loong time. There is 8" of snow on the ground at Rutland just now.

If you are planning on going I would just check out befor you go as there has been a lot of chat about canning the event, check out Y&Y forum.

Wind forecast looks great for 12 sailing though, -2 all day saturday sounds fun!

Greg N3473

Mike S (Guest)

Its cancelled for this weekend and rescheduled for the summer.
 http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=145135

n12 Bottom Banner