National 12 - find out more...

An Event first raced in 1937

Started by ken goddard, 09 Apr 2009, 10:45

« previous - next »

PJD

One more lunch please Paul/Ken for N3217.
Thanks, Philip

chris day (Guest)

We'll be there in Stumpy. Can we book 2 lunches please.

Chris and Sophie
N3377

Crusader 3244

sorry, ken and paul
i can't shake off this blinking cold and so not up to strengh; i'll have to miss this one.  Next time i sail it will be BW. (Duty next week)
Have fun y'all!
Chris, 3244

OMSC

Just a quick note to say thanks for the writeup, and a really good event.
It was great to see so many people turning up in ACs, just boat after boat after boat.... and the racing was great, although the wind was about as fickle as possible. I am really looking forward to the vintage / 4 plank event later in the year.
I do have to comment on Tom White's performance. it's only the 2nd open he has been to in his 12, a ken goddard made china doll, he is only 17 with a young crew. The first was the inlands last year.  To manage a race win and a 4th overall when he had never sailed on a river at all before is amazing. Shows that we do have at least some youngsters up and coming in the class to be nurtured and encouraged.
and thanks to sam from trent for lending me his boat and crewing abilities on the day.
Kevin.

Crusader 3244

Great write up! Ah, TVSC is a fantastic club and I enjoyed my visit last year. Apologies for non-attendance to this event when I could have swelled your numbers to twenty.
We had agreat time at Annandale too, but think there might have been something in the water, cos we brought back wretched colds which linger still.
Chris, 3244

Eric 3344

I've posted some photos from TVSC, that my daughter, Bethan, took and i've also posted some on the database.
Eric
3344 Ella

samlaw

Pics
Here are some Rachel took, not all on here yet.
Most are of 2743, (with secondhand sails).
N2743<br />

OMSC

Thanks for posting them sam, you got my best side most of the time (from behind)
thankyou again for letting me sit on the tiller of the boat for the event, just wishh I could have made it go a little faster

n12 Bottom Banner