National 12 - find out more...

BW - updates???

Started by THG, 26 May 2009, 12:16

« previous - next »

tonyelgar

Just to continue the praise this was my first burton week and, for a number of reasons, not the most successful week(end) sailing away I've had. Despite this i still thought it was an excellent event and a great venue and thanks to everyone who made it happen. I'm looking forward to it coming to my home patch of water next year, and it has done nothing but enthuse me to be more active with my 12 in the future.

Tony
ex 2760/3255

Pip

Firstly - let me just add in my thanks to everyone involved. A wonderfully organised long weekend - both on and off the water.  There was definitely wind, water, pie and beer. And much more as well!
Also, I have a few photos from the Feeling Foolish party - perhaps Jeremy[/b] would like to upload them on to the Burton Week(end) website? Can I send them to you?

Jeremy C

Yes please Pip!
and if anyone else has pics or anything they would like added such as comments or stories of a race please feel free to mail them to me.
address: jeremy@designs42.net

jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Hannah Wilkinson

Thank you everyone for making my first Burton week and first time crewing a National 12 so enjoyable....in fact first time crewing full stop! It was a great event and so inspiring to meet so many enthusiastic and talented sailors. I have been very encouraged by the whole thing...and I now know that 'hiking' doesn't always require a pair of hiking boots!!

Hannah

Louisa

Hello everyone,
Urgent...  Can you help me? - I would be very grateful if anyone can give me Sophie or Malcolm Mackley's email address or phone number.  I'd like to use a copy of the photo of Jo Richards and Sophie for a story I'm doing for Cowes Online about Burton Week.  Any help, and/or other photos can be emailed to:
louisa.mamakou@theknowledgezone.net
Many thanks.
Regards, Louisa Mamakou

Louisa

Many thanks to a justly proud dad, Malcolm Mackley, who has sent me some great pictures that I'll use for Cowes Online.
Best wishes to all,
Louisa

Louisa

Spreading the word - National 12s in the news on Cowes Online again:
http://www.cowes.co.uk/zonexml/story?story_id=6606;cp=0

From Louisa

Tim Gatti

Thanks for putting the record straight Howard.  I would just like to thank again the Burton teams at Thorpe Bay and in our own Class, for the magnificent four day event at Thorpe Bay which I think most would agree, exceeded all expectations. Tim

Mark Jardine

Hi Mike
Thanks for clarifying that the week is regarded as the nationals.
Are the results available anywhere yet?
Cheers
Mark

Kevin

Mark,

Have emailed you separately.

Everyone else, we are working on it.

Kevin

Alan & Helen (Guest)

As non 12 sailors at Burton Week we would like to say a big thank you to everyone involved in putting this fantastic event together and to Antony and Nathan for organising/lending us a fast boat (currently for sale by the way!).  Think the format worked really well and it was great to see 80 boats on the water. 

paul turner

What a totally brilliant event! But sadly Dolly Daydream N2487 also has split planking (even before my death defying back somersault on Tuesday!) and so she is resting at Gerry Ledger's awaiting several repairs. Looks like Starfish N2020 will be appearing at Yorkshire Ouse this year!
Kevin & Lesley Iles plus TYBC justly got a huge amount of acklowledgement and thanks for the fabulous organisation of the Burton, but with a day off on the Sunday (following my visit to A&E on Saturday!) I had time to see just how much work Janet & Kevan Bloor plus Mike Brookman (ably supported by Mary) do behind the scenes; were it not for their fantastic efforts the Champs wouldn't have happended! Sincere thanks and respect to them.
Already looking forward to Weymouth (a long weekend PLEASE) next year - will try to get SHOTGUN N2359 servicable by then!
Paul :K)
PS When are we going back to Thorpe Bay? Please?

n12 Bottom Banner