National 12 - find out more...

Cumbrae Regatta.

Started by GregPitt, 04 Aug 2009, 09:28

« previous - next »

GregPitt

Is anyone going to make the trip up north to Largs? As the guys who were there last year will know it is one of the best sailing venues in the UK. This is always a good weekend and it would be goos to get a fleet of 12's there. Am I right in thinking it is part of the youth series? Any young sailors gonna bring the average age down a year or two?! Anyone interested???

Greg
N3473  

angus

Unfortunately I can only make it for the Sunday, but then I won't be heading North and i won't be bringing the average age down by much.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

angus

angus

Unfortunately due to a crap wweather forecast and a wimpy crew we didn't make it for Sunday either . How did you get on Greg.

GregPitt

We had 3 great races on saturday, sadly we spent the day sailing round on our own. finished second overall with 3,2,1. Good job you didn't make the trip on sunday as the canned the round island race for the dinghys. They were worried about how spread out the fleet would be as there were cats and 49ers to toppers!
I would argue Largs is one of the best venues the 12's have in their calender, it's a shame there wasn't more interest! maybe next year!

Roly Mo

Echo what Greg says, it's a great venue and I would have been there if it hadn't been for the fact that I'm in pot!  It's in the diary of 'events we want to do' for next year.
RM

angus

I think there might be a problem with next year as I think it is the weekend before the August bank holiday. I don't think it would be sensible to have Scottish travallers two weeks running.
AO

angus

PS it is a great event and I would have been there had weather and family allowed:'(

Roly Mo

It's the sort of event I'd go to regardless of whether or not it is a fixture in the 12 programme - no suggestion that it's going in the programme or being left out of it meant by earlier post or this one!   I would be disappointed if the 'round the islands' bit wasn't included in the dinghy bit of the event, it was great fun last year.
RM

n12 Bottom Banner