National 12 - find out more...

weymouth accomodation

Started by sam293, 21 Mar 2010, 08:31

« previous - next »

sam293

is anyone else finding it a pain to find anywhere to stay near the club?

nearest campsite being over 3 miles away.

houses being very expensive as they will only rent for a week.

andymck

No, just got sorted early. Boscowen House is perfect location and cost. And has a drying room to die for.
There are loads of cheap B&B's in Weymouth, much nearer the pubs and clubs as well. But do require a short drive in the mornings. These are where most people have stayed at previous events I have done there. Unless the bar in the academy and the local pubs have improved with the 2012 effect, I expect on at least one night people will head for Weymouth anyway.
Camping distance is similar to other previous venues.
Personally think the reduced cost of my accommodation is yet another benefit of the shorter weekend layout.
Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

FuzzyDuck

Hi sam,
In the fact sheet Tim sent me when I booked my rooms it said there is an option of 3 guest beds, which could be added to any room to increase capacity. I suggest you call Tim.
All you need now is someone who will have you!
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Tim Gatti

Andy - hope you are not all going to desert the entertainment laid on for you at the Academy - Sat evng - Barbecue, Sun evng - Olympic Party with band, Mon evng - Burton Cup Dinner.  Meads is trying to make it so there is some Fullers ale available.

Simon - a bed at Boscowan was reserved for Sam but was turned down.  You do what you can. I need to confirm whether the potential for any extra beds in rooms is for families with xtra young children or is available for 'grown-ups' I'll put up a post when I have clarification.  Tim

sam293

the problem was we didnt know if we were going to have a boat or not so we  didnt want to commit to a room. cheers for all your help!

yea definatly up for some partying in weymouth some time over the event

sam293

also is anyone up for a crews union party this year? was a real shame we couldnt fit it in. maybe thats the time to go to weymouth?

andymck

Don't worry Tim, you will find me at the end of the evening with jono trying to get a last pint out of the barmaid, thats what happened last year anyway.

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

Moon Shallow

I'm keen for a crews union party sounds fun, and im sure i will be able to bring the other mere crews with me.... just one thing would it be suitable for under 18's as there are many crews under 18 who would still like to come
Naomi

Way too old (Guest)

My recollection of the Crew's Union parties is that that really were unsuitable for anyone - under or over 18!  With the likes of Lesley Iles and Andy Hill around anything could happen ... and did usually to the banana.

sam293

haha yes that poor banana, and those yoyo's certainly got a good ammount of abuse too

i take it your up for a crew party then?

il get hunting for suitable pubs in weymouth

n12 Bottom Banner