National 12 - find out more...

Vintage 12s at Ripon

Started by Chadders, 29 Apr 2010, 09:36

« previous - next »

Chadders

Who is coming out to play at Ripon on Saturday 15th May? 
This event is a Derwent Handicap Style event so everyone has a good chance of winning, it is also the first one in our 2010 series. It would be very helpful to get some idea of support and we look set to have a good turnout with travellers threatening to come from Nottingham, Cheshire and even Scotland as well as our more local boats. If you intend to come along please do let us know, if you would like to make it a weekend we also have an open meeting for all 12s at Yorkshire Dales on Sunday 16th.  Come and join us, please indicate below if you can come or give me a call if you need further information or contact Jennie Clark if you need help finding a crew.  Howard C aka Chadders  8) 8)N various

angus

hoping to make it down to give mr. jones a try out. Do you know who to contact regarding a crew on Sunday.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Roly Mo

Requests for crews for Ripon by Saturday 8 May please so I've got chance to talk to some people at the club on the 9th,
J

Tim Gatti

I shall be there in N2255 - still working on whether I can make Yorkshire Dales the next day in the Baggy with Seb. Hope so!
Tim

PJD

Philip & James will be sailing in Little Meg.

angus

Wot times the first race?
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Chadders

First race is a normal race at 11am then two after lunch which will be pursuit races using the "Derwent Handicap System"  see you at Ripon.   Howard  PS I am watchine the ash cloud as Helen is in Portugal and returning hopefully on Friday.

Chadders

The galley will be open from about 10am for bacon butties etc, current entries at 7 any more takers?

Tim Gatti

Vintage sailing par excellence! Thank you Ripon SC for opening your Club doors to us and providing an all-round excellent day.  As a Derwent Handicap event the end result is never known until the last results are in.  Bernard and Ellie Clark were the worthy winners, Howard and Helen were second and Brian Herring (celebrating his 75th birthday on the day) with his crew Ros were third overall - despite the celebratory glasses of bubbly and slices of heavenly but heavy chocolate cake!

sticky fingers (Guest)

Would like to add to tim's comments as a vintage first timer I found the day absolutely great, super friendly, and well run!
Thanks to brian for being race officern and jenny for lending us ripons facilities. We Went home with a huge smile on our faces!!

Martin and matt

n12 Bottom Banner