National 12 - find out more...

Desborough Open Saturday 15th May

Started by MikeDay, 10 May 2010, 09:25

« previous - next »

MikeDay

The next meeting in the Thames Area is at Desborough, this coming Saturday.  I haven't heard from the club but the normal format is 3 races, first start at 1100.  Anne and I are planning to be there with N3533.  Desborough offers traditional river sailing in a lovely setting and an active home fleet.

Mike Day
N3533

Richard Broughton DSC (Guest)

Just to confirm Mike' s post about Desboroughs open this Sat 15th May. First race 11.00am three races and two to count. Would be great to see a good turnout
Richard Broughton N3332
Vice Commodore DSC

Graham Kean (Guest)

Hi - sorry if this is a bit of a big post, but I couldn't find a way of attaching the Notice of Race word document...
DESBOROUGH SAILING
CLUB   

Ferry Lane, Shepperton

http://www.desboroughsc.org

NATIONAL 12 

OPEN MEETING

SATURDAY 15 MAY 2010

11.00 START ------ 3 RACES

Entry fee £5.00 per boat.

The bar will be open, but please
bring your own lunch

Please advise if you will be
attending…If possible, let me know by 12 MAY 2010 but if you want to join
last minute, just give me a call

Graham Kean 0777 622 7060 or by
e-mail grahamkean@btinternet.com

John & Mandy (Guest)

We are hoping to be coming along in Party Time.  We have a keen convert to the class in the family, so if the current forecast holds, I may be allowed to watch rather than partake !
See you on Saturday
Mandy
N3522

Overomtimistix

I'm hoping to get down now I've taken Redwind down to Desborough. I can't make the first race (family commitments) and may be in need of a crew if I can't get a son out to play.
Dan

Graham Kean

Well, the forecast is pretty much perfect for river sailing at Desborough tomorrow.  We will have sunshine, and breeze from the West / North West - good steady conditions forecast for the whole day, and not too windy.  It's not too late to come along as a last minute entrant (the more the merrier), and we have bought a few bits and bobs to lay on a 'tea' for visitors (feel free to bring along a plate to add to the table).
First race is at 11:00am - looking forward to seeing you all then.
Graham

Graham Kean

For all who may be interested, the following link will take you to video footage from the Desborough SC Open held on Saturday 15th May 2010.
[face=Helvetica, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4nbtYlJgDE[/face]
Graham

Mandy (Guest)

Graham, thanks for posting the video - a great reminder of a lovely day and thanks to all at Desborough for hosting the event.  We will try and get a write up done soon, and look forward to seeing you at some other Thames Area events.
Mandy

MikeDay

Desborough offered its usual fluky river conditions and great hospitality on Saturday.  John Thornton with alternating family crews, and Mike Day & Anne Murch - both equipped with Paradigms, joined three Desborough boats.  In the first race, Richard Broughton led for a lap before John & Rebecca and Mike & Anne both came through.  The lead changed several more times before John & Rebecca slipped ahead, holding off Mike & Anne by less than a boat length at the finish.  The second race was more processional - John & Mandy were never headed and won by a good distance from Mike & Anne.  In the final race, the lead again changed several times with Richard Broughton making his Design 8 perform well in the light airs.  On the third lap, Mike & Anne got away and won from John & Rebecca.
1. John Thornton & Rebecca/Mandy Thornton
2. Mike Day & Anne Murch
3. Richard Broughton

n12 Bottom Banner