National 12 - find out more...

Twickenham Open Meeting

Started by Alistair Edwards, 29 Sep 2010, 06:05

« previous - next »

Alistair Edwards

The Twickenham YC N12 Open Meeting takes place on Sunday October 10th.
As this event is part of the Youth Series we are expecting a large fleet. We have a very keen young helm at TYC who is very quickly getting the hang of sailing his 12. The TYC fleet has grown again this year so I am hoping that there will be at least 5 home boats on the water (possibly more).

There will be 3 races. One in the morning and two back to back in the afternoon.
First start 11am. Briefing at approx 10.30am.
Trophy for first overall and another for the first AC boat. We will also award prizes for the youth section.

Visitors will launch from the hard by the White Swan pub. There will be a fairly high tide (HW 17:15) and although I would anticipate that most people will have departed before high tide it would be advisable not to park cars right by the river. We will have people on hand in the morning to meet visitors and show you the best places to park.

The bar in our historic clubhouse will be open at lunchtime (London Pride + Twickenham Fine Ale) and after the racing. Lunches will be available.
I would be grateful if people who intend to come to Twickenham could let me know on this thread so that we can plan our catering arrangements!
N3517 Carbon Paw Print (Big Issue 2)
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)
Previously N3143 Catatonic (Tigress)

MikeDay

Alistair - yes, Anne and I will be there with Rock Lobster.
Mike D
N3533

Dave Croft

Hi Alistair,
Current plan is that Abigail will sail Close to the Edge and her sister Caroline will crew for Arthur Henderson (assuming she recovers from a bang on the head she got in a 420 last week-end), so that's two more boats for you.
Dave

Alistair Edwards

Mike - Glad you can make it. I am looking forward to seeing your new boat.
Dave - That is excellent news. I was afraid that you might all be away with the Cadets.
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)

Alistair Edwards

Crew permitting we are now up to 6 home boats + 3 visitors so far. Who else is coming?

It is a bit early to get too excited about the weather forecast, but windguru and xcweather are both predicting dry weather with a good easterly breeze. Easterly winds provide the best conditions on the reach at Twickenham so we could be in for some excellent sailing.
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)

GC

Nick Copsey planing to be there in 3411.

Alistair Edwards

Thanks Gerald. Looks like we will have a good fleet and brilliant conditions.
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)

John T (Guest)

Family Thornton are intending to join in too ... babysitting issues and indeterminate weather mean that it is not entirley clear who will be sailing and who will make up the support crew, but we will be there.:)

Cheers, John and Mandy
Probably N3522

Alistair Edwards

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Forecast still looking very good. Sunshine + 14mph ENE straight down the reach.

Looks like we will have a fleet of at least 11 boats.
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)

Alistair Edwards

Many thanks to all our visitors for making Sunday such a great event. It is a long time since we have seen 11 National 12s at Twickenham.

There were one or two people taking photos so hopefully there will be some good shots of the spectacular conditions we enjoyed.

Well done to Arthur Henderson and Abigail Croft on their very convincing win.
N2903 Maxim (Paper Dart)

Dave Croft

Hi Alistair,
Yes a very nice day, perfect wind and direction and lots of sun, even a high tide to confound the drinkers in the White Swan and amuse the sailors! River sailing doesn't get much better than that.
We are looking forward to reading the report.
Regards, Dave

n12 Bottom Banner