National 12 - find out more...

The 2011 Vintage Twelve Census

Started by ken goddard, 23 Feb 2011, 10:06

« previous - next »

ken goddard

In connection with the 75th Anniversary of the class and our reflections on the heritage of our classic dinghies I offered to the Chairman a couple of years ago, that I would undertake another census of the Vintage Wing of the class and try to establish how many Vintage - ie wooden, clinker-built boats - were still around. I announced this census about 18 months ago and have been monitoring and collecting reports of Vintage Twelve ownership since then.
The census will be conducted in a similar manner to that which I organised in 2004 and the results will be published around the end of March, in time for the opening of the sailing season in our 75 th Anniversary Year.
This is a reminder to any owner of a Vintage Twelve who has not so far contacted me about their boat(s) to email to me by clicking on the email box at the bottom of this page. Apart from giving me your name and the boat's sail number, I should like to know in what area/town the boat is berthed or sailed and, in a word or two, whether the boat is race-capable/merely seaworthy/under restoration or whatever. You could also phone me, on           01332 521168. 
Thanks and good sailing,
Ken Goddard (N.2300 Duodecimal)            

beachedblastit

Nigel Reece
2134, Pippin, Smuggler.
Currently berthed in a garage in Bulford Bks, Salisbury being re-furbished, hope to be back on the water by Easter ? at Spinnaker or Shearwater.
Nigel
I'd rather be sailing.  

n12 Bottom Banner