National 12 - find out more...

Snips for Burton Week website

Started by Jeremy C, 19 Mar 2012, 08:39

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

I would like to add a page to the BW website with your comments about the experience of Burton week,
Whether you sail DB's, AC's or Vintage, at the top of each fleet or not, please could you share with me some quotes that I can place on the website, to share with those who have not been before, why it draws you!

Please either share you comments here, or mail them to me at jeremy@designs42.net

Please include your first name, crews first name and hull name and number.

Thanks

Jeremy:)
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

disgruntled crew (Guest)

Your wording is a little unfortunate and I am sure unintentional... but by requesting 'crews name' implies that you're only after comments from helms, which I am sure is not the case...

Sophie
Crew of 3519

Jeremy C

Gulp....! sorry Sophie, not my intention at all! just wanted to be able to use quote on website with 'team' info alongside...

All I am looking for is simple one line/ one sentence 'Tags' the more the merrier to help promote the fun of Burton Week.
seem to remember Will Warren saying something along the lines of ' the fantastic thing about sailing a 12 is that it doesn't matter if you come first or last, everyone enjoys their sail as it is such a great boat'
I daresay I have misquoted which is why I am asking for help.....

Please post your one liners here!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Carbonara

I started going to the championships when the four day format was introduced and have been the the last three. It seems like a proper holiday with all the sailing and socials packed in. Its competitive but friendly and the enthusiasm for sailing 12's is infectious.
Patrick Hamilton and James Grummet 3502 Carbonara

darebarry

The first Burton I sailed in was in 1965 @ Thorpe Bay sailing 1057 Impudent. Since then I have owned 17 boats, building 14 Puddings and taking most of them to Burton weeks. Burton week is a great sailing /social event and I hope to sail a few more with Emily before the rudder falls off.
Dare Barry & Emily Gall sailing the Ginger Pudding N3521

Jeremy C

Thanks for the quotes, much appreciated... couple more from anyone.. then I'll transfer to the website.....:)

paul turner

The Burton Weekend - Where could you have more fun without taking your wetsuit off? 8)
The Burton has the three "S"s - sea, sailing and social ;)
And even if you are not the quickest sailor in the world you can always join us vintage yotters at the back of the fleet! :K)

Chadders

Vintage Twelve sailing at Burton is even more fun than in a DCB because you get more hours racing than they do and the competition is still great as is the camarardarie or is that banter?  Since the 4 day format came in 3 years ago I have not missed an event and am looking forward to many more!   Back to the entry form, which vintage shall I sail this year, N2, Starfish or China Doll?  8)

paul turner

Yo Chadders - decisions, decisions! :-/
And if anyone would like to join the vintage yotters getting better value for money from the entry fees I am prepared to lend out (the) Starfish, (the) Mr Jones and possibly, if restoration is finished in time, (the) Smuggler to competent crews. Conditions are - pickup and return to Breaston in condition collected! :)

Jeremy C

Thanks for the further comments and offers  to loan out 12's. uch appreiated. I have now updated these on the BW website. If there are any comments from AC and DB sailors please post them here. Also if you cannot make BW tis year and would consider loaning your boat to a potential new 12 sailor please either post here or mail me directly at:
 jeremy@designs42.net

Thanks!

n12 Bottom Banner