National 12 - find out more...

Helen david

Started by PJD, 25 Jun 2012, 10:58

« previous - next »

PJD

It is with great sadness that I announce that Helen died on Friday evening. She was suffering with breast cancer, which had been diagnosed a year ago. Her last two months were very difficult and she spent the last four weeks in St Leonard's Hospice in York.
Helen last sailed in N2545 last September in the Yorkshire Ouse annual get-together with our neighbouring club, York Railway Institute Sailing Club. The wind was very light at times and we had more than our fair share of luck to win all three races! She enjoyed the day very much, despite being in the middle of a course of chemotherapy at the time.
She planned everything and wanted a small private burial service followed a few weeks later by a celebration of her life in our local village hall. Everyone will be invited to this and I'll let you all know when it will be.

Philip
N2545, N3499

Jennie Clark

A very special lady who will be very sadly missed.  So many happy memories.
J, B and E

edwillett

Our thoughts are with you Philip.

Chadders

A special lady indeed and sadly missed by all, our thoughts are with you. HnS

Tim Gatti

A great loss. Helen's energy, commitment and positive outlook was inspirational. Keep strong. Thinking of you. Tim.

hairy dog

We were so sad to hear this news.  "Inspirational" is the right word Tim.  Helen was one of those people that kept us perservering in the N12 and keep coming back for more.  Even when we had struggled at the back of the fleet and Phillip and Helen had finished ages before Helen would be there to help us ashore and encourage us back for the next race; in fact tell us we WOULD be back for the next event.  Thank you Helen you will be sadly missed.
get a Mungral up ya! :o

angus

I will miss her, my thoughts are with you.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

GC

Her courage was inspiring. We will miss her. 
Frances & Gerald 

grazz

Photo from Philip

icecreamman

A sad loss Philip our thoughts are with you in this difficult time
S, G, E and J

CRU 12

Words are not enough, I will miss her ready smile and laugh, with much love to you Phillip, take care.  Christine and John xx

PD

I am planning a celebration of Helen's life at our local village hall in September. Everyone who knew Helen is invited, though I would like to have some idea of numbers so I would be grateful if you could let me know if you're coming.
Venue, Sheriff Hutton Village Hall, YO60 6RA; 21st September at 6.00pm. Refreshments will follow.

n12 Bottom Banner