National 12 - find out more...

Wings on a N12

Started by dave101, 22 Dec 2012, 08:20

« previous - next »

dave101

Has anyone ever fitted wings to a N12? The ones you sit on that go out of the side, not the ones you put on the rudder/centreboard

Alex D

Not with it still being a N12. Outriggers are not in class :)
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

Tim Gatti

Current Rules state:

4.3 BEAM

4.3.1 No part of the hull or deck shall be more than 52mm outboard of the sheerline.

4.3.2 The beam measured overall at the widest point shall be not more than 2000mm.

13 GENERAL PROHIBITIONS

The following are prohibited:

13.1 Bowsprit, bumpkin, outriggers, sliding seats, bilge boards, double rudders and all similar contrivances; inside ballast, hydraulic, pneumatic or electronic equipment; electrical equipment other than lights save that the following electronic items are permitted:

(a) One or more electronic time pieces.

(b) One or more electronic devices correlating only data relating to magnetic north and the boat’s heading.

13.2 The use of any apparatus or contrivance outboard or extending outboard the purpose or effect of which is or may be to support or assist in supporting a member of the crew outboard or partially outboard.

dave101

Quote from: 166Not with it still being a N12. Outriggers are not in class :)

I would have to get a special handicap. This will be for single handed sailing anyway, so I don't have hike with my dodgy knees!

n12 Bottom Banner