National 12 - find out more...

N1664 Squid available to a good home

Started by rosie, 03 Apr 2013, 09:30

« previous - next »

rosie

Someone at my sailing club has had a note from someone needing to give away a lovely vintage National 12. This boat has some history and won Burton week many years ago. It is currently owned by the original designer/builder/winner and says: The original "Squid". N1664 built 1960 ish in almost perfect as new condition is available as a gift to a good home. Only needs a couple of buoyancy bags and a bit of work on the rig. Kept under cover. Glued ply construction, varnish in good cond. recipient collects from Poole area, no cover or trailer.”

[face=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] He says his grandchildren are not interested but has a very limited time to find a new home for this boat.  be collected from Poole.[/face]

I think I can get hold of some photos if required

Chadders

Hi  I think that this is now in hand and Paul Turner has been in touch with the current owner with a view to possibly taking the boat on and including it in his "Turner Collection" of vintage first off Twelves.  Perhaps Paul will comment further as to the current situation? 8)

paul turner

Greetings - rescue of Squid in hand/collection tomorrow morning. The OD has kindly aceeded to me adding another N12 to the collection. Please see boat database for photos from Chris Barlow but any other photos/info would be gratefully received! Px

chopper

Shame I missed this one fancy a bit of vintage racing.  Anyone know of another looking for a good home

n12 Bottom Banner