National 12 - find out more...

NOR for Ely SC Four Plank Open meeting

Started by smilie, 07 Jun 2014, 04:44

« previous - next »

smilie

Well folks it’s a little under month to go to the first round of the 4 plank series. So who’s planning on bring their yot a long to Ely Sailing Club for a day’s pleasant racing?
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

Tom white (Guest)

Unfortunately due to weather and lack of time le she'd is still in bits and stripped and going through another restoration, so will not be able to make it to this event :(
 hopefully if I get my act together I will be able to make Trent valley!

tom white
2765 & 3533

smilie

Oh that's a shame :( If I'm honest it's been a close call weather Subversion was going to be ready.
Just wondering if you are thinking of taking Paul T up on the offer of the loan of his Cheshire Cat?

smilie

Getting really close now, only a couple of weeks if anyone needs a crew pm me and I will see what I can sort out.

smilie

In other news via the medium of facebook; Suzie Sallis will be celebrating a special birthday at ESC that evening with the 5 b's Bar-B-Que, Band, Bar, Birthday Cake and Barrel of Beer. Do stay to help celebrate!! 
With a bit of luck I might be able to sort out some camping, if anyone wants it.

paul turner

Greetings.
The restoration of N2750 Cheshire Cat should be finished next week; I have a crew booked (Murph!) and we intend being there!
My first sail since October last year - pray for light winds!
No takers yet for spare Cat in my barn.... Px 8)

paul turner

Thank you Ely SC for making the "Four Plankers" so welcome on Saturday! It really was a fun days sailing. The weather was kind to us, the race management was relaxed and efficent, the courses were excellent, the catering was fab and the prizes were generous! And special thanks to Jonathan Garfitt for orgainsing the event and to Aleyne Sallis for officiating. After a gap of seven + years, it's great that N12s are now back at Ely. No doubt a full report will follow; congratulations to Gerald Copsey the conquering hero in his beat-up Cat!

Personally it was a joy to be back sailing at last, and a relief that the 4P series started so well.

See y'all at TVSC on 20th! Px 8) N2750

n12 Bottom Banner