National 12 - find out more...

No vintage at Pevensey?

Started by paul turner, 03 Aug 2014, 07:34

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings

Although I was the first to enter for the Champs this year with N2403 China Doll back in January, my ability to only manage to partcipate in only a few of the races at the North West Norfolk Week (plus the discomfort of long distance driving) has painfully demonstrated that my recovery from spinal surgery back in March is ging to take far longer than I had hoped. I have therefore, with great frustration, had to withdraw my entry - and Janet tells me that I was the only clinker boat actually entered (although I know that Brian Kitching was thinking about going; he was activily looking for a crew). If anyone wants to take up our B&B booking please let me know soonest as I am about to cancel it.

Other than turning up at the 4P meeting at Olton Mere in two weeks and the TVSC Open in September its gonna have to be a quiet year.....

P (MPO) x

Chadders

Sorry to see this post Paul and hope that you are soon back to fighting fitness, sailing off a beach is not the best for bad backs especially with our vintage boats usually being a tad over minimum weight! See you at TVSC in September.:(

Chadders

Based in information recieved I have it on good authority that Brian Kitching now has a crew and has entered!  Will he be the only vintage I wonder?  Sorry chaps but we will not be coming this year to challenge for the prestigious Shotgun Trophy due to other commitments.

paul turner

Confirmed that Cpt Carbon has entered for the Champs.
I'll be dropping off the Shotgun Trophy at his house tonight (having got it engraved for him!).
I do hope there will be other vintage entries to give him some competition! Px 8)

The Shotgun Trophy - the one all the clinker sailors want to win - but not take home!

n12 Bottom Banner