National 12 - find out more...

N12 Fixtures Survey

Started by Chris Day, 07 Sep 2014, 12:17

« previous - next »

Chris Day

Hi everyone,

Whilst there is still plenty of sailing left in 2014, the NTOA Committee have already started planning for next year. Attendance at some of the open meetings in the calendar has been a point of discussion a few times this season and we also discussed changing the format of some meetings at the AGM at Pevensey with a clear interest in some short sprint racing and handicap racing. With all of that in mind it seems like the perfect opportunity to get the views of everyone who is interested in sailing 12s.

Please could you take a few minutes to complete the brief fixtures survey as soon as you can. There is also space in the survey for your comments and ideas. The survey can be found here:

http://www.national12.org/surveys/events-2014

Many thanks,

Chris N3526

darebarry

Having trouble getting past page 1 !!!!

grazz

Hi Dare,
There is one mandatory question on the first page (question 1), you need to complete that one to move to page 2. We've have 22 responses in the first few hours so the survey is working ok
Let me know if you still have  trouble
Graham

Owen (Guest)

Just completed the survey. I might add that at TYC we had some short races a couple of years ago when we were catching up from the 2012 very heavy rain and flow. They were well received and I think that we could get four or five races a day in.

smilie

While on the topic of sprint races Ely SC ran it’s round of the 4plank series with 4, 40 minute races starting at about 11ish. Which worked well and everyone seemed to have enjoy. I also think back in the day we ran at least one Ely 12 open with 5 races.
As a side note Milton Keynes SC runs 3, half hour races every Wednesday, which are lot of fun.

A couple points about running short races is all the races at Ely have been run with a mobile finish line finishing on any leg but with the proffered option to finish up wind if it still means the leader finishes on the time limit. It’s also important to have plans in place if you can’t fit the races in, ie it’s not fun doing 5 races in no wind and drizzle. So this year at Ely the plan was if the wind was below the not very fun 5 kts then we would revert back to the normal 3 race format.
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

n12 Bottom Banner