National 12 - find out more...

DCBS measurements

Started by STU W, 11 May 2015, 10:47

« previous - next »

STU W

hi, was wondering if somebody with a DCBS COULD RUN A TAPE MEASURE OVER IT FOR ME. I need the distance from the stem to the mast step, the distance from the stem to the shroud plates, and also the distance from stem to front of C/B case and centerboard bolt. Any help appreciated guys.
thanks in advance
Stuart
12's are for life not just for christmas.

STU W

Bump.
no DCBS owners out there able to help guys. 😥
Stuart

Antony (Guest)

It is in a garage 75 miles away... We will be at Brightlingsea and RHYC Gul events and you are very welcome to run a tape over it....
Antony

tom lee

N3545:
shrouds to transom: 2040mm
mastfoot center to transom: 2390mm
centerboard bolt to transom: 1940mm

hevent got front of centerboardcase measurement to hand

Hope this helps
Tom<br />N3545

STU W

That's brilliant, can probably work rest out from these. Thanks a lot, that's a big help
Stuart

STU W

Thanks Antony, might take you up on n that offer at either event if that's okay

andymck

There are at least two different set ups. The original settings used by Jo was originally copied. But Jo after the first mast snapped and some of the p and b boats found they had a tendency to invert the rig downwind, so some of the boats moved the shroud position back a little. The way this was done is probably quite difficult to measure the exact point of pull. Compare 3530 and 3529 vs toms boat, unless Anthony had 3529 modified. One of the reasons it may be happening is that the mast step is on a very slight incline. I found that it was not always a problem, but putting a penny under the back of the mast foot cured it, but caused more pre bend for the same rig tension, it amazingly makes a huge difference to mast set up. On my brothers 18 footer you could not get any rig tension without the penny, and the mast sat inverted. The boat I had we never had an issue.
Andy Mck<br />3529

n12 Bottom Banner