National 12 - find out more...

Jonathan Reubin

Started by grazz, 22 Mar 2020, 10:04

« previous - next »

grazz

It's my regret to inform you that Dad succumbed to illness yesterday morning. It was quick, peaceful and we were with him at the end. Further details of his funeral will likely be published in the local press but please inform those you feel appropriate.

Joe Reubin

Jonathan was a great vintage N12 enthusiast owning at least two with N443 "Cygnet" his particular favourite which he donated  to the NTOA in the last few months of his life. He had trailed "Cygnet" around the Vintage N12 and CVDRA circuits as far as Yorkshire Ouse SC in years past. He was a longstanding member of Brightlingsea and Ardleigh Sailing Clubs, serving as Commodore at Ardleigh quite recently. He had a great sense of humour as anyone on the receiving end of his emails will know. Our sincere condolences go to all his family at their sad loss.

Graham

Antony3514

That is really sad news.  Jonathan was a real character.   Having not seen him for years Jo and i organised some Oppie training at Ardleigh (2015?) not knowing that he was involved.   He was the Commodore and could not do enough to help, opening up the club each morning to let us all in before donning his apron and cooking bacon for breakfast and then some huge pasta dish for the sailors lunch.   Funnily enough, i now think of him standing in the kitchen with an apron on rather than sailing his old N12 on a muddy estuary in East Anglia.
Antony

n12 Bottom Banner