National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week 2019 dates

Started by grazz, 23 Sep 2018, 08:38

« previous - next »

grazz

For those of you who want to get organised and book accommodation early, Burton Week 2019 will be at Pevensey Bay SC between 24-27 August. It's over the bank holiday weekend, so you only need to take one day's holiday from work to do the whole event.  For 2019, we're asking everyone to try and bring a friend to Burton Week: someone who perhaps hasn't sailed a 12 before, or never sailed at Burton Week before, or hasn't been to Burton Week for a few years. If everyone who came this year did the same, we'd have over 50 boats! So while you're looking at campsites, B&Bs or cottages, don't forget to ask your friends to pencil the dates in their diaries too. The committee is happy to help with finding boats to borrow.

More details about the event will be published in the post-Christmas mailing.

happy sailing

Zoe

Kevin

Well, I LOVE Pevensey, but a very close family wedding means I won't be there. 😢

Kevin

JohnM

I love Pevensey and will be there!

paul turner

Greetings.

It was sad to see that due to all sorts of unfortunate reasons there were no vintage boats at the Burton this year. If we are looking to promote the event and also vintage12s, I am prepared to lend out any of the following boats in my collection, usual T&Cs! Currently the collection of original first of design is:

N1650 Smuggler
N2020 Starfish (awaiting new kicker)
N2399 Mr Jones (currently having decks re-glued)
N2403 China Doll (which I will sail if I have clearance/originally first launched at Pevensey?)
N2492 Whisper (awaiting re-rigging)
N2524 Ethelred (China Doll for sale)
N2750 Cheshire Cat (AC)

Book early. Paul  8)

paul turner

And how could I have forgotten N2359 Shotgun, the first transom of which is the Vintage Trophy! Also available to lend.

n12 Bottom Banner