National 12 - find out more...

old boat bits

Started by paul turner, 19 Nov 2015, 10:06

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings! I have just re-acquired my very first new N12, a China Doll called Ethelred N2524, built for me in 1971 by W&C.
Said boat is in amazingly good condition having been stored in a garage for the last 30+ years

I am trying to restore to original sailing spec so I have one request and one query for the amassed audience!

1. Why would the boat have two winches on the front of the centre board case? One is the kicker, but the other? Certainly not for the centre board or boom outhaul.....

2. Does anyone have a spare/old Needlespar, with fixed spreaders they would like to dispose of, please?

Paul  8)

darebarry

Hi. Was it used to tension the jib, some used to feed under the fore deck.????
Dare

alan

Hi Paul
I have 2 needle spars 1 with fixed spreader mounts but no spreaders one with out
let me know if you are interested
Alan

paul turner

Hi Dare. Thanks for replying. I looked at that possibility but it doesn't work. The irony is that I fitted the boat out in 1971! It may have been a mast bend control..?

Yo Alan. Again thanks for the reply. Ed Willett has kindly donated a Needlespar from his Paper Dart which is with Tim Gatti. Just need to track down Tim and the boat. Will contact you again if no luck.

Paul  8)

n12 Bottom Banner