National 12 - find out more...

Boat design

Started by Paul (Guest), 26 May 2005, 02:33

« previous - next »

Paul (Guest)

Hi i foolishly gave my N12 hand book away when i sold my 12 and know i fancy a new one could any one have a quick look in the hand book and tell me what design is the sail number is 2997 i know 2998 was a Crusader. can any one help

Paul

Richard

Hi Paul
N2997 is according to the handbook a Cheshire Cat built by Impact Boats. N2998 is listed as a Pipedream.
Richard

james taylor (Guest)

would this kind of boat be suitable for sea going and weight about 24 stone and my be doing some of the N12 circuit

Cheers

MikeDay

Cheshire Cats are venerable good all rounders.  However, with 24 stone, going to sea and the intention to do open meetings, I'd be inclined to look for a Final Chapter.  A single-bottomed one about ten years old in the late 3300s/early 3400s will not set you back too much, will be stronger than an earlier vintage and will give you some good Admirals' Cup competition.

Mike D
N3496 - launched at last!

DavidW

I agree with Mike - a Final Chapter would definitely be a bit quicker on the sea with that weight but you should be able  to pick up a Cheshire Cat for less money.They are excellent all rounders and are easier to sail fast inland than the Chapter. Good luck.

David Wilkins 3481
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

jerry (Guest)

2997 was our old Cheshire Cat.  I think was restored after we sold her in 2000.  Certainly needed it as Impact Boat's glue was beginning to give up.  Name was Smiley, the grin being the most memorable thing about the cheshire cat!  I agree a Final Chapter would be a better boat for sea, the Cheshire Cat better for short tacking inland.

n12 Bottom Banner