National 12 - find out more...

BCYC open...

Started by Mikey C, 26 Mar 2006, 10:56

« previous - next »

Jane Wade

If it is going to be windy - does anyone need a crew?  Aaah just one catch no-one to look after the little person!

Jane  :'(

Mikey C

Meds, Easier to sail. Could never keep the bow out of the water downwind in my old foolish - I have to remember to put it back down in the Issue....
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Kevin

Jane, you can sail with Meds. Lesley can look after all the buggies (and their occupants) as she won't be going near the water.

There, that's another boat!

Kevin

John Meadowcroft

Excellent spectator sport this weekend.  Well done to all those who had a go.  Bristol airport weather monitoring recorded 41mph at 3.05pm.  I guess that was the big puff in the final race.

For the record Tom & Liz capsized 6 times, but still won 2 out of 5 races and won overall on tiebreak from Graham & Zoe who swam less and won 1 race.  Ian & Alex also won 2 races, and swam more than Graham & Zoe but not as much as Tom & Liz.  Chris Bishop is looking for a new mast.  Frances & Sophie almost won the final race with Tom & Liz swimming for the second race in succession in sight of the finish line.  However Tom & Liz limped across the line with the jib wrapped around the forestay just ahead.  Frances complained he had an unfair advantage as she had too much sail area.

For the record it appeared that tacking round was more risky than gybing.  Remarkable.

Should be less wind at trent valley...

Pip

A huge thank you to all those involved in making it a great weekend. I thorougly enjoyed the event and I hope others did as well.
The seminar in the evening was extremely entertaining but also had some more serious points addressed. The club house now has an interesting gallery of what the perfect crew should look like!  ;D

Hope you have all dried out now, Happy Easter!

spotter (Guest)

Take a look at http://www.bcyc.org.uk/gallerys/N12%20Open%202006/slides/HPIM0307.html for a picture of Tom this weekend demonstrating how a modest amount of windward heel provides additional lift.

Jimbo41

Ouch..... :o :o :o :o

Or rather Splash..... ;D

Very exciting - wish I could have been there.

Got wind 3-4 Bft. this afternoon on the Ammersee - I might just bunk off early for a "quicky".....

Jim N3130

n12 Bottom Banner