National 12 - find out more...

Dinghy Show news and Gossip then

Started by Guest (Guest), 05 Mar 2007, 10:08

« previous - next »

Guest (Guest)

News and Gossip from the dinghy show then?

Antony

Boring to report:
The stand looked good, and was well staffed (at least it was when I saw it on Sunday).  Thanks are due to a lot of people (as usual) including:

John Meadowcroft, fortunately he has a lot of time on his hands and put it to good use to organise the stand this year as well as setting-up and packing-up.  Given that we started this year with pieces of the stand in three locations the organisation was tougher than usual.
Graham, another top video picking up plaudits all weekend.
Kevin Iles, kindly offered his boat and then did both the set-up and pack-up as well as spending time on the stand on both days.
P&B/Tom, for the boat and generally being helpful over the weekend.
Ranelagh SC, for generous if unrealised support over many years.
All the other volunteers that helped to man the stand, especially those that did both days.

What would be great would be to have a volunteer to take charge for the 2008 show sooner rather than later.

Antony
N3484

rick perkins

Good to put some faces to names at the show ... see you all in Bristol at the end of the month ...
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Little Bo

Just to back up what Anthony has said, the stand looked great and it was good to hear 'our' music 3 or 4 stands away - it seemed that a lot of other folk either didn't bother with footage or else didn't have a sound track to play.  Tom's boat looked good, and Ellie managed to give away quite a few balloons.   We thought the position, very close to P&B, was great.  Will be happy to man the stand again in 2008.

All in all a great effort, and great to meet old and new faces.  Well done to all involved :)

Team Roly Mo

Jimbo41

A propos music, vids. etc.,
do we have any updates for our promotions video DVD?

The last set was blisteringly good, but Emma's getting bored of me playing the same old thing to remind her what National 12 sailing is like - the winter season's long here  :-/

Will we get an updated DVD soon?  ??) I volunteer to do one of the "this is how to capsize in light airs" cuts  ;D

Cheers!

Jim (Over to Salcombe at Easter - Yippee!!!!!! :D)

JimC

[quote by=Little_Bo link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1173089333,s=3 date=1173106281]it was good to hear 'our' music 3 or 4 stands away [/quote]

Bet you were popular... that opinion probably wasn't shared by the people manning stands in that 3 or 4 stand radius!

Mikey C

We could barely hear it on the Moth stand just behind, and thats not because our speakers were bigger than yours...
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Roly Mo

I think that the other stands probably quite appreciated it!

RM

sinker24

Many thanks to all those on the stand from an ex 12 sailor. Really helpful and it made my day. I feel robbed that I sold my old Paper Dart now. Seasalter is very much the worse for losing its only 12, even if it did sink occasionally. Really great show from you all, especially the nice young woman (hell she was older than me but thats not hard), who chatted to me instead of getting her T-shirt.

I look forward to get back into the class during Uni.
Ben
ex-N2743

angus

[quote by=sinker24 link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1173089333,s=8 date=1173129913]Many thanks to all those on the stand from an ex 12 sailor. Really helpful and it made my day. I feel robbed that I sold my old Paper Dart now. Seasalter is very much the worse for losing its only 12, even if it did sink occasionally. Really great show from you all, especially the nice young woman (hell she was older than me but thats not hard), who chatted to me instead of getting her T-shirt.

I look forward to get back into the class during Uni.
Ben
ex-N2743[/quote]

I thought the last thing you did a Uni was get into classOr have things changed since my day?

Will make it to the Show eventually this year it was N3208 that stopped me from coming. Nearly ready for Scaling dam, if I can just get the varnish to dry ??)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

sinker24

Hi Angus,
I have absolutely no plan to be in class at Uni. I am more keen to get back into the National 12 class, possibly doing a degree in advanced capsizing.
Ben

Antony

Angus, Ben,

Just to add to this mix I remember varnishing N3208 while I should have been in lectures at University.  For some reason we ended up renting a house in Oxford with a small garage, and my housemates were a bit upset to discover a boat in it one Sunday night.  I do not think i was very sensitive to their views, and pointed out to them that they must not lean their bikes on the boat.

Happy days,
Antony

mack2

Hi all,

I was really sorry not to get to the dinghy show, however I had been closely following the discussion in another thread about the new 12 from a new builder!!

Eagerly I waited for the gossip from the show and comment about this new boat from all who had seen her! Have I missed something?

Rick wrote praising the show yet despite his large contribution to the new boat thread he made no comment! Should I read something into that?

I even tried the P&B website thinking there would be a blurb about the new 12 unveiled at the show if not a picture of it and the colour scheme that many commented on.

Any info? anybody?

Mack

THG

New boat wasn't ready to show yet - apparently an issue with the gel coat (maybe something to do with the colour  :-/?)

Thats why they just put Toms current Foolish on the stand 3501.

Kean
THG

n12 Bottom Banner