National 12 - find out more...

N2832 Rael

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 01 Mar 2007, 11:58

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2832 Rael. Design: Paper Dart, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1972

malcolmcjames

Tony Merrick's new boat and sailed at Burton SC until end-1978. I think that he named her 'Rael' after Peter Gabriel's hero in Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, as he was heavily into Genesis at the time! No idea what happened to the boat after the club moved up to Foremark Resv. early-1979.

edwillett

martin 1262

I have owned Rael since January 2020 and have taken the time to give her back her mojo. All fittings have been removed bagged up and it's given me the chance to think control lines. Decided to keep it simple but efficient. After the decks and hull have undergone a refurbishment involving a sanding down and a repaint I shall run the outhaul to under the boom near the onboard end with a 4:1 purchase. Similarly downhaul will be 4:1 led to back of mast on a swivel cleat. Lastly kicker will be a cascade giving 16:1 but led to centreboard box casing and another swivel cleat.
Rael is in great structural condition considering age and I hope all will be done in May 2020. Bought from Jenny Wilson at Upper Thames Sailing Club.

n12 Bottom Banner