National 12 - find out more...

Self bailer service

Started by Alex D, 24 Apr 2007, 12:03

« previous - next »

Alex D

Has anyone sucessfully replaced the seals in an Anderson Super Max bailer?

Is it possible to do this without removing the whole thing from the hull or does refitting the rivets between the two flanges make this impossible?

Any pictures of one disassembled would help. Thanks.
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

JohnMurrell

Alex, when I have done it I took the bailers out of the boat - it was much easier and also allows you to have a look at the condition of ply edges to the hole! I had to do some reinforcment as the hole hadn't been sealed cleanly, mind you it was a Hoare Tigress which were prone to delaminating anyway! Its also easier to seat the new copper rivets in properly too.

Yoda

Jimbo41

[quote by=John_Murrell link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1177412610,s=1 date=1177415643]Alex, when I have done it I took the bailers out of the boat - it was much easier and also allows you to have a look at the condition of ply edges to the hole! I had to do some reinforcment as the hole hadn't been sealed cleanly, mind you it was a Hoare Tigress which were prone to delaminating anyway! Its also easier to seat the new copper rivets in properly too.

Yoda[/quote]

Hey Yoda!

Thanks for the warning. I'm thinking about doing that to my Tigress (also a Hoare build).

How are you getting on with "Bluenatic"? Finished polishing yet?

Jim N3130 and 3470

n12 Bottom Banner