National 12 - find out more...

N2308 Crystal Tips

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 17 Nov 2007, 10:41

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2308 Crystal Tips.  Design: Mark 12, designed by: Ian Proctor in 1963
Original boat name: Suzuki Bean.

Richard

N2308 was advertised for sale on 17.11.07.............

tonyelgar

Seen for sale on ebay - 06/03/08. Looks in need of some TLC
ex 2760/3255

edwillett

on ebay July 2010. ebay pics.

M Coles (Guest)

We have just collected this boat, always wanted one . She will be getting the TLC required to have her looking smart and back on the water before the end of the season. Destined to sail at Ogston SC. :)

Martin

Looks like the basis of a nice boat.  The reservoir in the background looks a bit empty!

Phil (Guest)

Hi

We owned this boat in the late 70's.  She was bright yellow then.  We picked her up from Oulton Broad and brought her back up to Yorkshire sailing her on Southfield reservoir and Ullswater.  She was a bit of a handful compared to the enterprise that we also owned.  Very very pretty though.  We have some pics of her from that time if you want a copy and I could ask my father the exact dates we owned her. 

Regards
Phil
Quote from: M Coles (Guest)We have just collected this boat, always wanted one . She will be getting the TLC required to have her looking smart and back on the water before the end of the season. Destined to sail at Ogston SC. :)

grazz

From memory I got her off eBay in 2008. Stripped it back and painted it. Memorable, as my toddler Son spent the time asleep in his pram in on the drive while I did it. He's just had his 23rd birthday.

Painted it a light blue, you can just see a patch of the colour on the transom where the tiller goes under the track on the pictures on the website. I sailed it for a couple of seasons at Hornsea before moving to a singlehander (nearly always had to sail the N12 solo through lack of crew).

Doesn't look like the paint lasted from those photos, and that wasn't that long after I sold it (someone locally through the Mere, not eBay). I made some alterations to that trailer as well - it was an awful fit originally.

Gary Day

n12 Bottom Banner