National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week

Started by Tom Stewart (Guest), 07 Aug 2007, 12:04

« previous - next »

Tom Stewart (Guest)

Burton Week was brilliant.
Many thanks to all those involved in organising Burton week, Antony, Meds, Janet, Kevan, Michael and all the Brixham people too.
The race team ran a great regatta with good courses, shame more wind did'nt turn up and it is a shame more boats didn't turn up.

The socials were great and a lot of effort went into the fancy dress party iit always felt like a bigger regatta.

Tom

Sophie (Guest)

can only agree - lots of laughter, close racing, excellent race management, a few beers, sunshine and a fantastic atmosphere. it really was a great week and all credit to the 12 organisers and Brixham.

Sophie

Andy Hill

Completely agree, it was a great event which was well organised and run. Thank you to all those involved, well done to Graham & Zoe; Paul & Guy.

Looking forward to next year especially if we can have the same sunshine with some more wind to keep the over 40 & fat team moving through the water!

Andy

paul turner (Guest)

I am sure that it has been commented on before, but it was a great pity that Burton Week clashed with North West Norfolk - just one of those unfortuneate accidents of timing, tides and events having to be booked so many years in advance.

There were 15 boats at Hunstanton for the first weekend and 11 competed for the whole week plus two guest appearances from Vince & Fiona Phillips in their Whisper - this must have meant that there were various boats at each event which would have suppported the other but for the clash of dates.

It was a superb week at NWNW, well organised with excellent weather (and rather more wind than at Brixham apparently) - next year's NWNW is (I believe) week commencing Saturday 26th July - when is next year's Burton?

And we beat TWO boats this year!  ;D

The only mystery is where the Snettisham Anchor trophy has gone. ??)

Barry

Not in a N12 this year but NWNW was tops. Great sailing all week. Goods to see so many 12s there - looked good racing.

Already looking forward to next year.

Steve Sallis (Guest)

Paul,
If you had stayed for Sunday you would have not only had an excellent days sailing in a good breeze you would have found that the Snettisham anchor complete with driftwood mounting is safe and was awarded to the Twelve with the lowest aggregate points in the 2 Sunday races which was Andy Bayliss and Vicki Woods in Purple Turtle.

Regards,

Steve
N3436

PS the ever growing Twelve fleet at Hykeham has acquired another DB boat. Martin Clarke has bought Jimmy/Jon Whiteheads Foolish.

PaulTurner 2020/2487/3157 (Guest)

Hi Steve - most relieved to hear that the trophy is safe (with all its N12 history and that base cost me dear!) Would loved to have stayed on for the Sunday but we had a three line whip for the TVSC summer ball on the Saturday night! Also found that we have split the centreboard case on Microclipper coming ashore so she is off to Gerry for repairs. :( And when will Hykeham be having thier first N12 Open? Paul

Steve Sallis (Guest)

Paul,
With the size of the Hykeham home fleet expanding and we are now 99% sure to have a new clubhouse later this year it looks likely that we will try to put something on early part of next season. Not sure what format, maybe shared with another class and I guess we'll have to look for a space in the callendar and discuss with the fixtures sec nearer the date.

Regards,

Steve
N3436

icecreamman

I tell you what we could do to help both the Norfolk and Burton Week camps, and that is to have the Burton back at Hunstanton. It has been done in the past I believe, so why not look at doing it again. That way we all come out smiling.

8)

hairy dog

get a Mungral up ya! :o

John Meadowcroft

interesting comments.

slightly off topic, but does anyone have results / stories / even a report for Norfolk Week that they would post here.

thanks

John

PaulTurner 2020/2487/3157 (Guest)

John - I am typing up a report "NWNW from the back of the fleet" but need to check a few details and get the results from Adrain Tebbutt. I was going to send it off to the newsletter, but would it be better here as well? P  8)

n12 Bottom Banner