National 12 - find out more...

Burton week venues

Started by Jerry G, 14 Sep 2007, 10:18

« previous - next »

Jerry G

For future consideration and to get away from the western fringes of the UK, has the committee considered Brightlingsea?  This year they hosted both the Fireball and Mirror Nationals.  From the reports on the Y&Y website both events seem to have been well run and enjoyable.  For the families, although Brightlingsea does not have much of a beach it does have a prom and paddling pool.  It is quite close to Clacton and there is even a naturist beach at St Osyth for those so inclined.  Our annual "holiday" is racing at Brightlingsea SCs "Pyefleet Week" and we can confirm they are a very friendly club with just about everything run by enthusiastic volunteers rather than professional staff ie good food and drink at reasonable prices.

Barry

And good sailing not too far away, camp site next door, launching at all states of the tide (just). A real sailing club.

Jane Wade

...and the Fireballs had the lowest turnout for years because of their venue choice.  I know Brightlingsea and whilst an Open meeting would be fine I wouldn't go there for my holiday.

Jane

n12 Bottom Banner