National 12 - find out more...

How did grafham go?

Started by Emma G, 13 Oct 2007, 07:10

« previous - next »

Emma G

Hiya

Just wanted to know how Grafham went today.  J and I are totally gutted we couldnt make it and I had the worst day at work today ever just to add salt into the wounds!! :(

Hope you are not still out there, looking on the internet you have had very light winds?????

See some of you at Northampton  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Emma and James
N3402 n N3304

Jane Wade

Hello

Fairly light but not too bad - bit of sitting on the side.  More than 30 boats so a brilliant turnout.  Graham and Zoe showed everyone the way round in the first two races and then Antony and Jo in Fatso for the third race.  

Hope we will see you at Northampton on the 3rd and 4th of November for the final big event of the year.

Jane
Crew of 3412

Antony

Grafham was excellent, as ever the combination of Kevin and the club made the whole day incredibly smooth and professional.  I think that all of the races started within 6 minutes of the scheduled time!  

For me the mild weather almost made up for the slightly light breezes, but then i have some very cold memories of Grafham.

A lovely last sail in the boat, now to pick up the new one.....

Antony
N341?

Kevin

Just like to correct the very last thing both Jane and Antony put on their comments, lest anyone thinks we have all gone retro, our current sail number is 3512 (unless Kevan tells us otherwise when he returns from holiday), likewise Antony's new one will be 351?.

New boat was great. A few instances of ending up flat on my back after tripping over things that are in different positions compared with what I am used to, but I will soon sort that out (hopefully).

A great product from P&B which apparently looks good on the water. I can't wait until somone takes some photos so I can see for myself!

Kevin
Helm of 3512

Jane Wade

Well Antony and I were a lot younger when 3412 when on the water so perhaps it is wishful thinking!

Jane
Crew of 3512!!!!

Kevin

Overall and AC results for the series now posted on the GILL section of this site. Just checking on a few things before releasing the Junior and Family categories but hope to have these available in the next day or two.

Just hope I never get as old as Jane & Antony!!!!!

Kevin

THG

Thanks Kevin for posting - the results for Grafham are also up on their website too.

Congrats to Grazz & Zoe as they have four wins and win the overall series.

Congrats to Philip David as he's won the AC cup prize.

All the other places are still up for grabs though!!

16 helms have already done 4 or more events and further 11 just need to do the last one - should be a good turnout for Northampton then.
THG

Emma G

Yeah Hopefully we are going to have the road trip to northampton this year really looking forward to it!!  Newer car too which will hopefully make it a bit more comfy for me to sleep in!

Em :P

n12 Bottom Banner