National 12 - find out more...

Royal Harwich

Started by Sophie (Guest), 23 Jun 2008, 04:09

« previous - next »

Sophie (Guest)

What a fab weekend! Excellent racing, games, sunshine and beers - thanks everyone involved in organising it and making it happen.
On another note, Ally Dart has mislaid her speedskin (Gill, size 12). Did anyone pick it up by mistake? Email or call - contacts in the book.
Sophie

John m

It looked like great fun on the water.  I understand that Graham + Zoe did a seasons worth of capsizing in one day on sunday, but still did enough on saturday to win.  I think the rest of the fleet need to be more consistent! 
Being on the shore it was great too.  With the other classes there were more than 60 boats so there was a good crowd.  I reckon 20 toddlers, probably another 5 that could not yet toddle plus numerous grandparents and hangers on.  The event had critical mass at this size, I just wish we could persuade more people to come as I dont think that there were too many people who had never been to RHYC before.
Does anyone know the link to the photos that were being taken?  I bet there are some cracking shots.

Jane Wade

Sunday was some of the best sailing I have had in a long time. There was one moment when I genuinely thought we were actually flying! 
The photographer's website is www.clodaghphotos.co.ukGo to SPORT and then SHOP.  They are on the website already.
Sadly the photos are very disappointing - maybe she should stick to portrait photography because the other shots on the site look great.
Jane   

Bob1

I thought it was fab too...everyone at work now thinks I am completely mad (if they didn't already) for going out in that weather!
Photos aren't bad but perhaps not as good as we are used to with fotoboat, shame there isn't an option for buying electronic versions... doesn't appear to be any of the really fun stuff on sunday.... chickens!!
From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

sophie (Guest)

pics from race 2 now up - and I'm sure if you got in touch directly you could come to an arrangement ref digital images. There are some good ones in there, so it is worth a look - not as consistent as fotoboat,  but everyone has to start somewhere.
And... I definitly remember seeing a lense as I surfaced at the gybe mark on Sunday, but I'm not really looking forward to seeing proof of this.
Jane - you really were flying!

Bob1

Have seen the sunday ones now and have had an email from Clodagh - electronic photos are £5 for 1 or £10 for 3
From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

Simon Cowdell (Guest)

Hi folks
Thanks for a fun weekend!
I've got some photos that I took from the rescue boats on Sunday.... what a fab day of sailing/capsizing!

Unfortunately I did spend a fair but of time close to boats that were upside down, so couldn't cruise along the start line and snap away all the time!! I'm sure I can take the flak for the photos - just dont get me in the ring again!!

If you want the photos then they are available in full size jpg (or raw/tif) for a fiver each. Just email me.

Photos are at:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1075552&l=ac780&id=504975718

Happy sailing!
Simon Cowdell

Simon Cowdell (Guest)

I've realised that the URL is a link to a single picture.... here is the album...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=46238&l=2ccab&id=504975718

Enjoy!
:D

n12 Bottom Banner