National 12 - find out more...

youth series next year.

Started by sam293, 17 Nov 2008, 11:45

« previous - next »

GregPitt

I would love to come to any youth meetings. I am 24 at the end of this year and my girlfriend who I asil with is 22 at almot the ame time. we are both free for the whole season as I work full time and my girlfriend is doing a PHD so has no exams this year. We would both be happy to help out where ever we can.

I do think running events independant of other open meetings would be a mistake as you will end up with events with few boat attending. Where as if you ran it in conjunction with other events you will increase numbers overall and and more importantly the profile of the class, thi i surely the number 1 goal. 
Greg
N3473  

Moon Shallow

Hi
Who ever is going to sort these events out, please can you come up with possible dates sooonish . As a few of us have exams coming up this summer. So we need to know!!! We are all so keen here at O.M.S.C. but have exams, ranging from gcse's AS levels and uni exams. We do not want to miss out on our sailing though!!!;D
Thanks Moon Shallow

Roly Mo

In terms of the main programme we are doing all we can to get it finalised but we have about 3 dates which we are still waiting for.  Hoping to have it all resolved by the end of this week.
RM

sam293

i do now have a plan for the series just waiting for the events diary to be announced then i will post my full proposal including all the details of the series, if any of the comitte have anything to say in this it would be great to hear from you too

Kevin

Sam,

Why are you waiting for the fixture list to be announced separately? Would it not be better to have the series shown on the calendar with a "Y" next to the youth events so that everyone knows which & when they are?

There is no doubt in my mind, and I am sure I speak for most if not all the rest of the committee, that this initiative will be supported by the class. I suspect we might even be able to allocate a trophy to it.

Kevin

Roly Mo

Agree with Kevin, but if you want to do this I need the info by the weekend.  Calendar just about to go to printers but can be held off for a couple more days.
J

GregPitt

I agree make sure it is in the calender from the start of the year so everyone knows what they are doing.
I know it's a little late on now but I think thet your best bet for making this sucessfill is to run a youth series alongside other events but maybe hold a youth championship late on in the year when everyone can come together. Otherwise you are spreading too few people out over too many events. Also you don't want to disscourage younger class members from attending open meetings and racing against the top end of the fleet, That is one of the best ways of learning.

Greg
N3473

sam293

dates will be announced later this evening,

sam293

just now working out the finer details will all be posted up by tomorrow lunch time

n12 Bottom Banner