National 12 - find out more...

Scottish champs.

Started by GregPitt, 28 Mar 2009, 10:43

« previous - next »

GregPitt

Just a quick check to see if there is any Idea of number for the scottish champs at Annandale?

Would there be anyone there who would be able to measure sails. or is there anywhere I can get them done befor?

Greg N3473

Tim Gatti

Tim and Yvonne will be there with N3227. Ref a measurer ... I think  Brian Herring is going so he might be able to do them for you - give him a ring. Tim

Roly Mo

Team Roly Mo will be there, with Andrew crewing and Bernard trying to manage without his crutch!  The girls are just looking forward to some good old chilling, and of course the curry night!
Annandale's hospitality is the stuff of legends, and it's always a well supported and incredibly well run meeting so hopefully lots more people will come out to play.  Understand Chadders is a pretty definite possibility too.
Team RM

Chadders

Team Squidgy are also heading to Annandale, anyone got any info on BnB in the area?8)

angus

I was going to post somthing to get an idea of numbers once I got the notice of race but never mind. Agent Orange will be there and I am pretty sure a certain ardvark will be sniffing about. As for b&b John Hugo would be the man to speak to, Last year we camped in the boat park! Curry night should not be missed, last year Bernard and Howard wined all night........ but only because it was included in the price.8)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Lukepiewalker

http://www.stayatbriarwood.co.uk/
http://www.royalfourtowns.co.uk/content.php?id=109
http://www.murrayfieldbb.co.uk/location.html

A quick google revealed these three. The first one is about 1/2 a mile from the sailing club, the second a couple of miles away, and the third about 6 miles away.

Boatpark camping possibly not a goer anymore, we went and put gravel down over most of it although there is a small patch of grass.
http://www.caravansitefinder.co.uk/park/2436/
this caravan and campsite is just down the road.
There are bound to be a few more B&Bs and the like that don't have the same web presence that we coul dig out details of if requireded.

Tim Gatti

Howard - I'm booked in at Briarwood on the Sat night - don't know if they have any more rooms.  I'll call you with the number if you need it.
Anybody any idea of the time of the first race on the Saturday- the Club website suggests 13.00 - is that right??  Would certainly make travelling up on Sat am more manageable.

Chadders

Many thanks for all the accomodation pointers Team Squidgy are now booked in.  Briarwood has only one room left but we got in at Smallrigg which looks to be in walking distance.  We will be driving up am Saturday too so 1300 looks like a good start time.

Mark (Guest)

We're coming.  Kiddy care sorted but no accommodation for saturday night yet.  Either going to camp or B&B it.  Might wait until a bit closer to the time to see what the weather is doing.
Be interested to see the new piece of gear on Bernard's boat, rumuor is that he has got a dangley crutch!
Mark

Roly Mo

It is my new secret weapon and is being fitted with a James Bond style Aarvaark terminator.  Come near the rudder this year and the Aardvaark gets it!
RM

Mikey C (Guest)

So the AARDVARK should be safe then eh RM? I sometimes wonder how many emails to me go astray and if I should change my business name...

Cheers
Mike, Head of Aardvarking at Aardvark HQ

angus

Sounds too much like Aardverk to me
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Lukepiewalker

Ah but Mike, if you changed your business name you'd appear further down alphabetical lists...

Mark (Guest)

Has the start time been confirmed as 1pm?
Mark

John Hugo

As Luke is OOD, I hope he will confirm Saturday start time.   ASC usually start the first race after noon, to allow more time for travellers.  
Greg, I hope we will be seeing you again at Annandale, in a Twelve this time.   ASC race management are not normally too strict about measurement. but I am expecting Brian Herring to be there, and I am sure he will oblige.
I aim to provide some more B&B addresses in the next couple of days, and I will check out the possibilities of camping at the Club.
Un Poco Loco N3475

n12 Bottom Banner